Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 55 Replies

This was posted (anonymously, of course) in a gay marriage debate.

Thoughts?

Nobody said gays could not be equal. I support equality of gays (and all people...hence the word ALL) and the simplified philosophy of "live and let live." They can live their lives as they choose and have the right to be left alone and not discriminated against.

However, instead of living their own lives, many (not all) gays are crossing the line into my equality, my culture, and ways of life by attacking marriage between man and woman, Christian beliefs, Republicans, white people, etc., etc. The lies of late are endless from those in the media or those influenced by gay political interest groups (who are political powerhouses today...virtually getting whatever they want from our government). In order to promote their equality, they are attacking anyone with opposite views by spreading lies, etc. (If I had time, i would be happy to provide credible examples). For instance, these are the same people (many of the gays and their supporters) who have sprewed the mantra that "All Republicans are uneducated white people".....really? This is merely one out of many examples...this one being the most simplified.

You need to look at the bigger picture. And then, when researching how all this is happening, research into the root...where it began and why. There is an all out attack on the norms of society, our cultures, etc....an attack of those of us who are happy living our lives in what we consider a normal way. Gays have gotten involved politically under the guise of 'equality'. If others want to be gay...fine...but get out of politics and stop trying to force (or fool) society to accept you by promoting (pressuring Congress to push through) these radical laws which merely squeeze the liberty and culture out of others...instead, you should live and let live. Many of our nations' political pressure groups today are the gay interest groups (and corporate interest groups) which is why so many unfair liberty-draining and culture-crushing laws are sprewing from our legislature these days...along with, of course, the legislation prompted by corporate greed (which is not quite relevant here). If you only understood what was really going on in our country today...perhaps, you would think twice about the views you hold.

The bottom line is this...One cannot promote their own equality by tearing down those with opposite views and opposite cultures...that would defeat the purpose of equality...unless one were to be happy with having a double standard. 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosaleeandtwo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a load of bullshit.

JessiBell
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

It's laughable.

I fail to see how gay persons reaching out to the politcal world for equality strips straight people of their liberty, or tears them down.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

razmatazthespaz
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i recognise the last line as a mostly valid point as long as you disregard her babble in the rest of the post....

"gay interest groups" are nottrying to crush our culture, or squeeze out our liberties.... thats rediculous...

Unless there is some gay conspiracy i have not yet heard.... or she really thinks that gays fighting for equal legal rights in regards to marriage, is somehow actually hurting the "norms".... which is stupid!!

Denecia
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
How is a gay couple marrying infringing on others rights? I guess I really don't get her point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Denecia:

How is a gay couple marrying infringing on others rights? I guess I really don't get her point.

I don't either.

_Kissy_
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
All humans are entitled to human rights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

This.

How is saying "we want to be able to do the same things" stripping anyone of anything? No one's saying "We want US to be able to get married, but straight people should lose the same right." What that person said is hogwash. No one's trying to take anything away from anyone. They're simply trying to gain the ability to do the same things.

Quoting JessiBell:

It's laughable.

I fail to see how gay persons reaching out to the politcal world for equality strips straight people of their liberty, or tears them down.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Equality is equality, this makes no sense.

rockinmomto2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she's a moron and she just made my headache worse.

JessiBell
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

She just rambled and rambled...  I think she lost track of any (lame) point she may have been trying to make in the first place!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Denecia:

I don't either.

I may have had cancer, but it never had me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)