• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do Army wives think of "Army Wives"?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

In another group, a few women are discussing how excited they are about a new season of the show "Army Wives".  I mentioned that I have seen a few reruns from the first season, and that it does not seem very realistic/authentic.  This led to me wondering what my fellow Army (or other military branches) wives think about the show.

army

DISCLAIMERS:

1) It is not my intention to put down women who do enjoy this show, or any show, for that matter.  If they like it, military or not, then okay.  To each his own.

2) Yes, I realize it is meant to be a dramatization, and that the producers/writers have to keep ratings up.

In a nutshell, I am....a hippy-dippy; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homeschooling; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I love army wives!!!

Of course it isn't going to be perfect but some of the drama is along with the emotions and the bond some of us form.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Eh, I could take it or leave it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KarmicChild
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Mainly, I think I could not get over a few specific aspects of the show.  Like the houses. :)

In a nutshell, I am....a hippy-dippy; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homeschooling; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose!

nancym3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the show. I don't think it resembles Army wife life very much at all. I just like the show. LOl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)