Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy snowballs....I'm certainly a long way from home!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 39 Replies
When I left my house this morning at 9am to catch my flight it was 76 degrees. When I got off the plane, it was fucking SNOWING!!!!! My toes are frozen bc I'm still wearing my flip-flops, the jacket I bought back in FL apparently isn't "snow tested", my lips were instantly chapped and what the flying hell is that brush/scraper thingy in the trunk of my rental car?? How am I supposed to drive when I can't see the lines in the road? Why does everyone look at me like I have 3 heads??

I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!!
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ermka
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Hahaha. Have fun!

PS: it's a snow brush.. the brush part wipes the snow off (make sure you wipe off your headlights too!) And the scraper is for ice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Quoting ermka:

Hahaha. Have fun!

PS: it's a snow brush.. the brush part wipes the snow off (make sure you wipe off your headlights too!) And the scraper is for ice.

Can't I just use the windshield wipers and the defroster? That's how I made it to my hotel...not right? Can you tell I've never done this "snow" thing before?? Lol
RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh God another Florida driver in the north country! Lmao Be careful. The scrapey thingy in the trunk is to scrape the ice and snow off the windows. Turn the heat vent on full blast, and don't drive too fast or too slow. Don't hit your brakes suddenly on snow and ice. Be aware of a thing called black ice...it hides...and is deadly!!! Be safe!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting RmeWifey01:

Oh God another Florida driver in the north country! Lmao Be careful. The scrapey thingy in the trunk is to scrape the ice and snow off the windows. Turn the heat vent on full blast, and don't drive too fast or too slow. Don't hit your brakes suddenly on snow and ice. Be aware of a thing called black ice...it hides...and is deadly!!! Be safe!

Hahaha usually I'm the one complaining about the damn snow birds clogging up my Florida streets! Lol
AjsMom0508
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

What state are you in?

RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It can rip your wipers up fast doing it that way.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting ermka:

Hahaha. Have fun!

Can't I just use the windshield wipers and the defroster? That's how I made it to my hotel...not right? Can you tell I've never done this "snow" thing before?? Lol

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Where did you fly into?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting AjsMom0508:

What state are you in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Congratulations on the snow. I want snow. snowgirl

twinners.mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha..what state did you fly too?? Make sure you give yourself enough time to stop when you're driving depending on how bare the roads are :) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)