Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Equal Rights: A spin on the average gay marriage debate.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 32 Replies

First, say what 'side' you are on and then answer this question:

Would you be for marriage no longer being covered by the government? (meaning, there would be no more legal marriage...for anyone, regardless of sexual orientation; therefore making everyone 'equal')?

(I've always been curious about this.)

I just know there's something dark in me and I hide it. I certainly don't talk about it, but it's there always, this Dark Passenger. And when she's driving, I feel alive, half sick with the thrill of complete wrongness. I don't fight her, I don't want to. She's all I've got. Nothing else could love me, not even... especially not me. Or is that just a lie the Dark Passenger tells me?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarkPassenger
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Seriously...not a single person has ANYTHING to say about this...one of the most argued topics ON CM? I am amazed.

tifferie
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I am for gay marriage. I don't think its the governments place to say who can/can't get married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getoesuepastah
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

im FOR gay marraige and no i dont support doing away with marriage in order to make everyone equal for the simple fact that its a ridiculous way to get equality when all u have to do is simply let adults marry whoever they want

mommyakabooby
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM
My thoughts exactly!

Quoting getoesuepastah:

im FOR gay marraige and no i dont support doing away with marriage in order to make everyone equal for the simple fact that its a ridiculous way to get equality when all u have to do is simply let adults marry whoever they want

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I really don't care who gets married it's not a government choice it's a choice between 2 consenting adults over the age of 18. 

DarkPassenger
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

So...you aren't for equality then? Just gay marriage?

Quoting getoesuepastah:

I just know there's something dark in me and I hide it. I certainly don't talk about it, but it's there always, this Dark Passenger. And when she's driving, I feel alive, half sick with the thrill of complete wrongness. I don't fight her, I don't want to. She's all I've got. Nothing else could love me, not even... especially not me. Or is that just a lie the Dark Passenger tells me?

Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM
This, exactly

Quoting getoesuepastah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m3lissa_16
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Being that marriage was initially a religious ceremony, I don't think the government has any place even ordaining them, much less giving special privileges to those who are. If the government didn't do these things, then we would all be equal. Married, not married, gay, or not gay.

gemikris82
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM

i think all adults should be able to marry, man and woman, man and man, woman and woman.   hope i didnt leave anyone out

pipsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I believe that civil marriage is nothing more than 2 people forming a tiny corporation, they mix finances and have rights to each other. Whoever wants to do that should be able to and why does it matter to anyone?

Christian's believe that only God can make two people one and that this happens through the sacrement of marriage. They aren't being asked to offer the sacrement to gay couples so why do they care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)