Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

P90x update

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
What are your experiences with it? My hub got it for free and I wana jump in sometimes...

We're on day three and we love it! Thanks to jillian and the shred, i'm in WAY better shape than.my hub haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Do the pre p90 part first lol there is supposed to be a warm up part in there. I need to phyiscally handle zumba first lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisboog
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

It incredibly difficult but you will feel amazing after about a month of it and incredible by the time you finish.

Reina13
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I love the plyometrics and the ab workout is killer

Monkiegomery
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Love it!!!! Best workout ever! My fav is Core.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taramac
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Ab Ripper X is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Search result videos on youtube! You'll be amazed! You have to be self-disciplined & push through the pain, but the results are fast & amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyCaps
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
It wasn't for me. His voice got under my skin lol. As soon as I'm cleared by my doctor to work out I'm going to try Turbo Fire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keva1990
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I have it. If you're new to exercising, it's going to be extremely hard and this might make you not want to stick to it because of the level it's at. I would say you need a base workout to do before doing it so that you can strengthen up and keep up with it. It has a lot of push-ups and pull-ups, along with many other difficult moves. You can do it without a base workout, but you will probably have to modify most of it for a while. It's not a cardio workout. Most of it is strength, so you will see a lot of muscle toning.  You will see weight loss, but just keep that in mind that it's going to do wonders for your muscles mostly, and no you will not bulk. It does have cardio videos, though. I find the workouts to be longer than necessary. Tony kind of drags ass in the beginning and end of the videos and I feel like I'm wasting a lot of time, but that's just my opinion. He is also pretty cocky which I find annoying, but it will get you awesome results if you can find the drive to finish it. 

Keva1990
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Mute it and jam out to your own music. Much better. lol

I agree, his voice and attitude can get annoying. 

Quoting JennyCaps:

It wasn't for me. His voice got under my skin lol. As soon as I'm cleared by my doctor to work out I'm going to try Turbo Fire.

Aladdin.Sane
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Its very hard on your body. The strain can be unhealthy. Its essentially a crash diet only with exercising. Go to pilates or something. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)