• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do parents insist on being difficult..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 48 Replies
2 moms liked this

we coach our daughter's soccer team.

I ordered uniforms last week. They are due in on the 14th. They are due to ship on the 8ths. I ordered them last week when i finally got all of the money from the parents. this was literally the chat i just had with a parent a few minutes ago.

Her: Hey, where did you order the uniforms from?

Me: Protime Sports.

Her: Thats what i thought. Why did you charge us 29.45 when the kits are only 21.95.

Me: Printing was extra.  Name was 3.00. number was .75 and team name was 1.75, i also had to add shipping which came to 16.00 divided by 8 parents makes it 2.00 each parent had to pay.

Her: Why would the printing cost extra? There are 12 kids on the team not 8.

Me: Printing costs extra because the company charges extra for it. You can see their printing prices on their website or even call them if you want better clarification.  While there may be 12 on the team only 8 of you needed uniforms. I can't divide the shipping by 12 if not all 12 paid. 

Her: Fine. I was just curious. Thanks.

gah. if i didn't have to deal with the parents; coaching would be that much more enjoyable.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I work at a daycare.. my job would be a lot more enjoyable if it weren't for some parents as well. lol

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

LoL!   If that is the worst you have had to deal with, count yourself lucky.   DH coached for several years....basketball, baseball, and assisted in soccer.  I was team Mom.   Oh, the stories I could tell!

cdi
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Wow. Maybe they were having trouble paying thou
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting cdi:

nah. she was the same one who didn't want to make her check out to me. she wsn't understanding why she coudln't make it out to the team name.

She's been difficult from day 1.

angziety
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup.  :)  Girl Scouting is like that too.  And we volunteer to do it.. a lot of people think we get paid to do it. 

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I work at a daycare.. my job would be a lot more enjoyable if it weren't for some parents as well. lol

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

My daughter is now signed up for soccer and luckily we don't have to pay for shirts this year.  But I would just pay it and not bitch. LOL

mackQuin
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

LoL!   If that is the worst you have had to deal with, count yourself lucky.   DH coached for several years....basketball, baseball, and assisted in soccer.  I was team Mom.   Oh, the stories I could tell!

oh. this isn't the only thing we have dealt with. This woman has been giving me all kinds of grief..for everything..

she doesn't like the fact we make the kids run if they don't listen. Literally its not like we make them run a lot, its around the little perimeter of our practice area, which is not even that big.

she's just being annoying as hell.

HayKay
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Then maybe their kids shouldn't play. I know it sucks for the kids but if they can not afford it other parents should not have to pay. Kwim?

Quoting cdi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXSoSincereXx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

MY HUSBAND WAS A COUCH FOR BASEBALL AND THEY JUST ASSUMED I WOULD BE TEAM MOM.....HELL NO!!!!  I cant deal with the parents and their children.  I have noooo patience 

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Temecula_Mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh joy lol ds just started pony league t ball and already I'm listening to shit from the parents! One mom said "yeah this year they will actually play instead of building sandcastles on the outfield" and then I look at my son and he's building a dirt mound by 2nd base. Awesome lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)