Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carmel Delights?!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

Since when did they change the name of the Girl Scout cookie? lol

I saw some Girl Scouts outside of KMart today & bought a box. I said I would like one box of Carmel Delights please.  ( ... its been FOREVER since I've bought any...)  the girl just stared at me & the mom was like "Oh the Samoas (sp) sweetie, they used to call them Carmel Delights a long time ago." lol

I felt old.. : /  

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Samoas have actually gone back to Carmel Delights in Kansas. For some dumb reason.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Samoas have actually gone back to Carmel Delights in Kansas. For some dumb reason.

haha Really?

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Yep! I was pissed when I went to buy cookies and they had no samoas on the table.  So I settled for Carmel Delights. Same cookie lmao

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

haha Really?

robbinsroost
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

They still make them. It depends on where you live. We have Samoas in Northeast TX, but Central TX has Carmel Delights.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM
They have been Samoas for at least 21 years in New York. There are two bakeries, same recipe but different name. It just depends on which bakery stocks your GS Council.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
What the hell ever they call them....they are the bestest in all the world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
It depends on which company is baking them. Look on the bottom of the box. My district sell Samoas but the next district over sells Caramel Delights. Go figure.

I believe Little Brownie Bakers sells Samoas. I don't remember the name of the other company who is selling the same cookie under Caramel Delights.

LBB was also marketing Savannah Delights while the other company was marketing the Lemonade cookies. The other company also has generic names for their cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I am so old I sold those things about 15 years before that lol.

Quoting RobinBright:

They have been Samoas for at least 21 years in New York. There are two bakeries, same recipe but different name. It just depends on which bakery stocks your GS Council.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
They are samoas here in WA , I bought a box today, and tagalongs, they were out of thin mints :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marilyn4335
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Quoting kansasmom1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)