• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any mamas work the night shift? help a very tired mommy out here please?!:)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am a home health aide. I ran into some unexpected over time. normally wile my clients sleep i can find things to do, like dusting,cleaning bathroom etc, to at least take up some of the shift this shift i picked up the man sleeps through the night and requires zero assistance from us. e doesnt want us there but his kids do thuse the reasoning for services from us they use a cleaning service so his home is spotless. this shift drags on and on and on because there is nothing at all to be done. it starts at midnight and ends at 8am. this is my last shift before 2 nights off, but by the time shift ends ill have 70 hours under my belt i cant hardly keep my eyes open at all i have been throwing back 5 hr energy drinks like water. i did nap before work which made me feel worse, any ideas on getting through this shift awake? this man needs nothing from me and normally is asleep when i leave in the morning still.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bryant1201
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

play a game on your phone?

morrigan914
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Can you do a 'mommy mode' nap? I can take these and still be aware of everything around me, but after 20 minutes I'm good to go.

cassiehmomof3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Watch a scary movie (or several).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Call friends.

Call 24hr services, insurances, radio, tow trucks, 900 numbers, call your cell company to negotiate lower fees
RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Make prank phone calls. Lol

jessimicuh
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
ive only done grave yard shifts working with other ppl so i had the interaction to keep me awake.. Hang in there mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Crystal Light Energy and CafeMom!

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Play a game, make an answer posts on cafemom, watch television, listen to music, read a book.

JacksMom1221
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Splash your face with water? Play on your phone or laptop. Clean stuff even if its already clean? Do some calisthenics, like windmills and mountain climbers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Lol some nights Ill get sooo bored and start refolding linens in the linen closet to stay awake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)