Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like they would listen if i could cry!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

I get so upset at my kids when they misbehave so badly and my husband I feel like doesn't take me seriously. I feel like If I could just cry once, and they saw me that they would take me seriously ugh. I have friends I tell them "how can I get them to listen?" they say "let them see you cry" lol but I can't!!!! I cry a couple times a year and can maybe get teary eyed. I'm not a harsh person, I'm quite caring of others and bend over backwards to try to help people. What is wrong with me?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
If you do you are showing your kids that you are weak and have no control (when it comes to misbehaving....its ok to cry at appropriate times)

Ive worked with families and children for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Years....damn phone! Its best to be very matter of fact. Show no fear. Act as if you have faith in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celeciag
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Neither your husband nor children take you seriously and your solution is to cry? Maybe your kids are just following in line with how your husband treats you. I'd deal with that issue first. ......not by crying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I'm not talking about tempertantrum crying but just to show they hurt my feelings when they behave certain ways. who knows.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Thats when you use your words! They need to be taught....tell them!

Quoting strawberryLVR:

I'm not talking about tempertantrum crying but just to show they hurt my feelings when they behave certain ways. who knows.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Quoting celeciag:

Neither your husband nor children take you seriously and your solution is to cry? Maybe your kids are just following in line with how your husband treats you. I'd deal with that issue first. ......not by crying

Thank you, I guess in some ways this is true! We struggle coming together on how to teach our children when they misbehave and hubby has a bit of a temper.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Thats when you use your words! They need to be taught....tell them!

Quoting strawberryLVR:

I know, I just feel like I talk until I'm blue in the face. I know they hear me but just are not listening {which includes action of what I'm saying right?} They are sweet kids just boys and sooooo busy!

celeciag
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I've tried to use crying to get a point across. I know how frustrated you have to be yo get to that point. I was also a teenager when I did that. Idk what to tell you about your dh but with your kids give them REAL consequences and they will know your serious. Stop talking until your exhausted of hearing your own voice and lead with a punishment. You'll probably only have to so this a few times for them to catch on. Take away a favorite toy/t.v. time/ snack time the second they start ignoring you. Be firm !!

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Quoting celeciag:

Thank you, I guess in some ways this is true! We struggle coming together on how to teach our children when they misbehave and hubby has a bit of a temper.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I hate to say this but we have tried everything! Spanking, taking everything away, time out...seriously. They are insanely strong willed {like both parents} I am so stuck it's not even funny. We try to do the positive reinforcement thing. when we see them do good stuff we recognize it and give them a "marble" all the marbles at the end of the week adds up at 10cents each and they put $ in their piggy banks. just having issues. 

Quoting celeciag:

I've tried to use crying to get a point across. I know how frustrated you have to be yo get to that point. I was also a teenager when I did that. Idk what to tell you about your dh but with your kids give them REAL consequences and they will know your serious. Stop talking until your exhausted of hearing your own voice and lead with a punishment. You'll probably only have to so this a few times for them to catch on. Take away a favorite toy/t.v. time/ snack time the second they start ignoring you. Be firm !!

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Quoting celeciag:

CityMamaX2
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Half the times my kids don't listen either and a few times I was just so frustrated I broke down and cried,it did nothing...However lately they have been behaving!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)