• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BATHING TOGETHER!!! WHAT!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 246 Replies
4 moms liked this

so, do you sometimes take baths/ showers with your kids? 

does their father?

does the gender matter?

do you take family baths? 

Is there an age limit?

I was reading in another group that a woman was disturbed that she knew someone who still bathed with His 4 year old daughter!! 

Me, my husband and our daughter totally take bubble baths together sometimes! I dont have a problem with her knowing that mommy and daddy's bodys are a little different, its not like were sitting there having sex in front of her! i want her to feel comfortable with me and her father equally, what happens if i die and she is scared to talk to her father about something because he is a man? i dont want that happening, in my eyes nudity can be 100% innocent as long as YOU keep it that way in your home, yes i know that there are some sickos out there that molest kids, but a child should be able to be fully comfortable with their parents in my opinion, and trust them, now i will continue taking family bubble baths until my child doesnt want to anymore, but it will never be because its a bad thing to be naked! 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
How old is your dd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CityMamaX2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Heck No!!,I shower myself and my children bathe themselves,that would be to wierd since my son is 7 and my daughter is 5..

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

17 months, and i'm currently pregnant with baby number two who will be involved in family bubble baths as well! 

Quoting So_Devious20:

How old is your dd?

JustCJ
by Charlotte on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I do not personally feel comfortable with my kids seing dh or I. But to each their own I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM
my son and i stopped showering together a month or two before he turned 7. I was 9, 10 when I still showered with my grandma. My brothers did too. I have a brother a year and a half younger and the baby is 5 yrs younger than me.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dommad2
by Tamara on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I showered with them up until they could sit in the tub alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I still shower with my 3 year with no plans to stop anytime soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommieplus4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Once they start questioning about the opposite sex parts. That is time to stop showering or bathing together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I let my 3 yo dd's shower with me when they want but never my older two I would feel weird about it.
Fallaya
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

My 3 and 1/2 year old dd and I shower together a couple of times per week.  Nothing weird about it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)