Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so, do you sometimes take baths/ showers with your kids? 

does their father?

does the gender matter?

do you take family baths? 

Is there an age limit?

I was reading in another group that a woman was disturbed that she knew someone who still bathed with His 4 year old daughter!! 

Me, my husband and our daughter totally take bubble baths together sometimes! I dont have a problem with her knowing that mommy and daddy's bodys are a little different, its not like were sitting there having sex in front of her! i want her to feel comfortable with me and her father equally, what happens if i die and she is scared to talk to her father about something because he is a man? i dont want that happening, in my eyes nudity can be 100% innocent as long as YOU keep it that way in your home, yes i know that there are some sickos out there that molest kids, but a child should be able to be fully comfortable with their parents in my opinion, and trust them, now i will continue taking family bubble baths until my child doesnt want to anymore, but it will never be because its a bad thing to be naked! 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
clasater
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Totally understandable! My 10 month old was pulling my shirt down in lowes today because she wanted her milk! Lol

Quoting kmorales7690:

i feel this way as well, i will never FORCE it on my child but dont necessarily want her to feel uncomfortable with naked family either, there is no reason to be, the only thing she grabs on is my boobs and that is because shortly after she turned 1 we found out i was preggo, currently 5 months pregnant and she remembers breastfeeding still and wonders why she doesnt anymore! 

Quoting clasater:

Dh and I both still shower with all of our kids. 4yo ds, 3yo dd, and 10 month old dd. And half the time when we are home we go naked, it's just how we roll. My kids know the difference between boys and girls and think nothing of it they don't ask questions or touch or anything it's just completely normal. They also know how a baby is born. There's nothing wrong about a naked body IMO. If my kids are ever uncomfortable with taking a shower with dh or myself they are welcome to shower by themselves (and often do) or if they said they were uncomfortable with anything at all we would change it immediately, but it doesn't have to be a big deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacie0375
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I no longer bathe with my son (he will be 6 in April) but his father does. I bathe with my daughter as does her father(she will be 2 in April). When they are little (under 4) I don't think gender should matter.

kennedysmom83
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I take showers with my DD all the time. She would occasionally take one with dad if we were in a hurry (syrup in her hair before church, that kind of thing) but not so much anymore. She is almost 2 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I agree with you, I see nothing wrong with it.  My 4 year old daughter will still shower with my husband at times (especially if we are running late)- she would with me as well except for I take very hot showers.  

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

lol me and my mom are the same way, lol even my older brother will walk in the bathroom while i'm showering, it doenst bother any of us, me and my brother are two years apart, you really think we didnt bathe together as kids? he is just as much my brother now and in the same body as he was then, lol oh well, 

Quoting Chelsey191:

At age 28 I still when I am at my moms house will go in to talk to her while she is changing or use the potty when she is in the shower. She's my mom. And I dont care if she see's me naked either. Its not weird at all for me. No different then changing in a locker room with other women. My son is 3 and still occasionally has a shower with me. He spends the whole time in thier playing with his bath toys. He is not interested in me and what I am doing.

BaseballMom34
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
One parent giving a child a bath or shower I don't see an.issue...but taking a bubble bath with the whole family now that's weird to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Oh. Lol. I thought you were about to say much older. I still shower with my 4 yr old dd sometimes. Yes, she has asked me all kinds of questions. Where I got my breasts, what are those lines(referring to my stretch marks), and all kinds of other questions. No, I am not uncomfortable with it.

Quoting kmorales7690:

17 months, and i'm currently pregnant with baby number two who will be involved in family bubble baths as well! 

Quoting So_Devious20:

How old is your dd?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommieplus4
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM
That is ur opinion and I have mine. There is no right or wrong answer here

Quoting kmorales7690:

why do you say that? i honestly feel like its not really that big of a deal for my daughter to know that boys are different than girls, you dont have to go into detail, but you can simply explain that daddy is different than mommy because he is a man and men and women have different ways of going potty, until they are old enough to understand fully what the parts are for sexually 

Quoting Mommieplus4:

Once they start questioning about the opposite sex parts. That is time to stop showering or bathing together

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

lol i love it when the kids KNOW where their food comes from and arent afraid to ask for it, lol if it wasnt for my husband i would have totally been a public nurser, like without a cover or anything, but he isnt comfortable, and because i respect him i used my hooter hider! 

Quoting clasater:

Totally understandable! My 10 month old was pulling my shirt down in lowes today because she wanted her milk! Lol

Quoting kmorales7690:

i feel this way as well, i will never FORCE it on my child but dont necessarily want her to feel uncomfortable with naked family either, there is no reason to be, the only thing she grabs on is my boobs and that is because shortly after she turned 1 we found out i was preggo, currently 5 months pregnant and she remembers breastfeeding still and wonders why she doesnt anymore! 

Quoting clasater:

Dh and I both still shower with all of our kids. 4yo ds, 3yo dd, and 10 month old dd. And half the time when we are home we go naked, it's just how we roll. My kids know the difference between boys and girls and think nothing of it they don't ask questions or touch or anything it's just completely normal. They also know how a baby is born. There's nothing wrong about a naked body IMO. If my kids are ever uncomfortable with taking a shower with dh or myself they are welcome to shower by themselves (and often do) or if they said they were uncomfortable with anything at all we would change it immediately, but it doesn't have to be a big deal.

mom2cheesebug
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I bathe with my DD who is 18 months. Her daddy did too until she turned 16 months and she was eye level with his privates. We do not have a tub, we have a shower unit, so we just wash her up first and let her play with her toys while we finish.

I do not see a problem with it, i think baths are different. One of my only issues with a 4 and 5 year old girl seeing their daddy naked is that they will think its normal if another male tries to molest them because being naked around a guy is a normal thing for them. IDK if that makes sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)