Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so, do you sometimes take baths/ showers with your kids? 

does their father?

does the gender matter?

do you take family baths? 

Is there an age limit?

I was reading in another group that a woman was disturbed that she knew someone who still bathed with His 4 year old daughter!! 

Me, my husband and our daughter totally take bubble baths together sometimes! I dont have a problem with her knowing that mommy and daddy's bodys are a little different, its not like were sitting there having sex in front of her! i want her to feel comfortable with me and her father equally, what happens if i die and she is scared to talk to her father about something because he is a man? i dont want that happening, in my eyes nudity can be 100% innocent as long as YOU keep it that way in your home, yes i know that there are some sickos out there that molest kids, but a child should be able to be fully comfortable with their parents in my opinion, and trust them, now i will continue taking family bubble baths until my child doesnt want to anymore, but it will never be because its a bad thing to be naked! 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
clasater
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I both still shower with all of our kids. 4yo ds, 3yo dd, and 10 month old dd. And half the time when we are home we go naked, it's just how we roll. My kids know the difference between boys and girls and think nothing of it they don't ask questions or touch or anything it's just completely normal. They also know how a baby is born. There's nothing wrong about a naked body IMO. If my kids are ever uncomfortable with taking a shower with dh or myself they are welcome to shower by themselves (and often do) or if they said they were uncomfortable with anything at all we would change it immediately, but it doesn't have to be a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTasha08
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I took baths with my son sometimes until he was about 3.  I still change in front of him and he's 4.  I don't care what other people do, age 3 is the stopping point for me.  I don't think my husband has ever taken a bath with him.  He probably won't ever take baths with our kids.  It's not his thing.

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

lol we never shut doors in our house, right now we are working on potty training 17 month old daughter, and so she is fascinated by anyone using the potty, whether its daddy or mommy, she is naturally curious, so i dont discourage is, and so far weve gotten about 3 times of going in the potty per day!! so i must be doing something right! lol

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

I agree with you, OP. While I don't often bathe with me kids anymore, there are times when my kids (all girls) will jump in with me to save time. (They have long hair and I can wash it faster than they can.) I see it as being no different than group showers at the gym/locker room/etc.

Dh hasn't ever showered with the girls, but they've seen him naked before. It's not a taboo thing in our household. We don't walk around naked, but when the girls were little they had a problem with remembering to knock. So they would burst into the bathroom if they needed it, and both dh and I have been walked in on while using the shower/toilet. Bodies aren't sexual to kids; they're just bodies.

acrogodess
by Lissette on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

DD and I hopped in the tub together a few days ago. She is about to be 9. She washed herself, I sprayed her down with the showerhead and off she went on her merry way. It shaved off 30 minutes of everyone's shower time AND no one got stuck with cold water. Woo hoo. DS is special needs. He showers himself, but I have to go in and make sure he washes out the shampoo properly or actually washes his hair and smelly pits.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
5 moms liked this

i think parents who see a problem with it are the reason that so many people are growing up so sexual. to make the naked body seem like a bad thing, a sexual thing, and a horrible taboo. 

KitschyGirl
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no issue with it, which according to CM makes me and my husband pedophiles.

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
3 moms liked this

At age 28 I still when I am at my moms house will go in to talk to her while she is changing or use the potty when she is in the shower. She's my mom. And I dont care if she see's me naked either. Its not weird at all for me. No different then changing in a locker room with other women. My son is 3 and still occasionally has a shower with me. He spends the whole time in thier playing with his bath toys. He is not interested in me and what I am doing.

kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

i feel this way as well, i will never FORCE it on my child but dont necessarily want her to feel uncomfortable with naked family either, there is no reason to be, the only thing she grabs on is my boobs and that is because shortly after she turned 1 we found out i was preggo, currently 5 months pregnant and she remembers breastfeeding still and wonders why she doesnt anymore! 

Quoting clasater:

Dh and I both still shower with all of our kids. 4yo ds, 3yo dd, and 10 month old dd. And half the time when we are home we go naked, it's just how we roll. My kids know the difference between boys and girls and think nothing of it they don't ask questions or touch or anything it's just completely normal. They also know how a baby is born. There's nothing wrong about a naked body IMO. If my kids are ever uncomfortable with taking a shower with dh or myself they are welcome to shower by themselves (and often do) or if they said they were uncomfortable with anything at all we would change it immediately, but it doesn't have to be a big deal.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Every once and a while me and my 5 yr old dd will shower together to save time. (I have a large standup shower with dual shower heads).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

meh I shower nightly with my 4 year old dd, my dh never gets nakey around her, he isn't comfortalble with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN