Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

any clarksville tn mommas out there?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
Back 4yrs ago I meet my best friend on here. She no longer lives here. Anyways. I am not super great at making new friends because my life revolves around my kids. But as a stay at home mom you can only stay cooped up for so long before you start to lose your sanity. I am 24 and have 4 kids 2 stepsons 10(11 this month), and 8. And 2girls 4(will be 5 this month) and a 6 month old. I am learning how to sew and crochet. I am into books. Dh is president of a local car club. I help out with it. But I still feel lonely. Because on the Saturdays we meet I still feel lonely there are a few ladies that come out with their husbands. But because of the weather I do not take the baby out of the car. And even though everyone is standing close to our car. I still sit in it to make sure if she cries I can hear her. I'm just tired of feeling lonely. Even though I talk to my best friend daily we no longer get a lot of adult time. My Dh works out of town for his job. He is a helicopter electrician. My poor 4yr old is constantly bugging me that she wants friends. Even though she is in prek I don't know anyone in the kids school. So I need to get out and meet more people before I go insane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Find a MOPS group momsinternational.org I have met many wonderful friends through my mops group and all of them are stahms and we get together quite often:).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I am in clarksville mommies but I haven't been on it I awhile . I need to get back on but their site doesn't support mobile format very well.

Quoting eesmommy:

Find a MOPS group momsinternational.org I have met many wonderful friends through my mops group and all of them are stahms and we get together quite often:).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumearth
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I live in Morristown TN and stay at home with my 2yr old while my 6yr old is at school and I have no friends. My dh has none either, he works 3rd shift and sleeps all day and prefers to play video games instead of going out or meeting people. I haven't been able to find a group to join for my location though. :(

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
MOPS is an actual group of women, we meat every other Thursday from september to may and we take turns bringing a dish so there is a huge breakfast, they have. Babysitters there, we do crafts have speakers, chat, and play games. Most meetings are from 9:30 to 11:30, but they do vary by group. We also have moms night outs once or twice a month as well as 2 or 3 playdates. Its not online, you just have to go online to find a group near you.

Quoting meagan0716:

I am in clarksville mommies but I haven't been on it I awhile . I need to get back on but their site doesn't support mobile format very well.

Quoting eesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Morristown is near Knoxville right? Or maybe I'm thinking Chattanooga. I grew up around cookeville tn. And I've heard Morristown alot growing up there.

Quoting autumearth:

I know exactly how you feel. I live in Morristown TN and stay at home with my 2yr old while my 6yr old is at school and I have no friends. My dh has none either, he works 3rd shift and sleeps all day and prefers to play video games instead of going out or meeting people. I haven't been able to find a group to join for my location though. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Oh OK cool I will do that.

Quoting eesmommy:

MOPS is an actual group of women, we meat every other Thursday from september to may and we take turns bringing a dish so there is a huge breakfast, they have. Babysitters there, we do crafts have speakers, chat, and play games. Most meetings are from 9:30 to 11:30, but they do vary by group. We also have moms night outs once or twice a month as well as 2 or 3 playdates. Its not online, you just have to go online to find a group near you.

Quoting meagan0716:

Quoting eesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Do you have to pay a membership fee for doing mops

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting meagan0716:

Quoting eesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikiOcasio
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Awwwwh we just left clarksville like 2 months ago! :(

RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

*wave* Yes I am in C-ville too. Just moved here. Dh is military and will be tdy soon so I will have a few weekends free plus my afternoons while ds (7) is in school. DD (5) will be with me. I love to sew too, and we love classic cars in this household. PM me with details girl. *I am a bit older though if that matters.

meagan0716
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Gotta love the military lol. My other best friend and her family pcsed to ft Stewart in 2010. Last year on spring break we went down there for a week and were doing the same again this year. Her Dh and mime went to ait together and were stationed at ft hood and then ft Campbell together. My stepson grew up with her oldest 2 and my 4yr old grew up with her youngest 2 boys.

Quoting NikiOcasio:

Awwwwh we just left clarksville like 2 months ago! :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)