Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

THIS is NOT an answer for abortion.

Posted by   + Show Post

What a mess. This is scary . I HATE abortion But I LOVE women and they should all have ACCESS to birth control. How did things go so wrong?

The article is extremely long so I am including the link and some pieces of the article. i just think that being pro-life shouldn't mean people cut all funding and availability of BIRT CONTROL , it's wrong and could cause more expensive problems later. Yes I want women to not abort their children but isn't it best, all the way around, if they can get birth control and not get pregnant when they aren't willing to or able to support children? 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-states-slash-birth-control-idUSTRE8240ZM20120305

Mon Mar 5, 2012 10:41am EST

(Reuters) - Even as a national debate rages over contraception insurance, tens of thousands of low-income women and teenagers across the United States have lost access to subsidized birth control as states slash and restructure family planning funds.

the Texas funding cut prompted Planned Parenthood to shut down 11 clinics. It also has jeopardized a $40 million family-planning program run as a Medicaid extension.

The program provides free birth control and annual exams to 130,000 low-income women of reproductive age who don't qualify for regular Medicaid. The federal government pays 90 percent of the cost; Texas puts up just $4 million a year.

About 40 percent of women in the Texas program get subsidized care from Planned Parenthood clinics, but a new state law blocks those clinics from participating. The Obama administration has said that violates federal Medicaid rules. If neither side compromises, the program will likely close by the end of March.

That infuriates Jonee Longoria, a single mother in Houston who relied on the program for free services for several years as she put herself through college. "I had one child living in poverty and I didn't want another," Longoria said.

She now works for a social service agency and refers many clients to the program for contraception. Without it, she said, "where would they go?"

Advocates of defunding Planned Parenthood say they regret any service disruptions for poor women. But they call it a necessary price to pay to take a moral stance on abortion.

"We're just doing what we think is best," said Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life, 

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (501-510):
Blessedmommytob
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Birth control prevents ovulation to prevent pregnancy, abortion is terminating a life. Im pro choice, but i would NEVER have an abortion.This is how I feel, if you dont want or cant support a chuld AND you cant afford some method of birth control the EMBRACE masturbation, because fact stands having sex no matter how safe poses the risk of pregnancy. I dont think goverement should pay for birth control, how about using that money to save lives of people who cant afford cgemo or life or death matter surgerys... I mean its not like it matters bc yea the goverment can pay for birth control, i guarantee that wont change much because people are still irresponsible.
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM
5 moms liked this

America is a sad, selfish country that it's citizens do not care about each other or believe that health care is a human right :/ Preventive care is better than later trying to cure a full fledged medical problem in its severe or late stages. Less expensive too. But if you don't have money then screw you. You can't afford to prevent or catch it early you should just suffer and die from it. Gotta love this country.

Luna091306
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I totally agree with you!

Quoting brannew:

I think the government should be handing out Abortion GIft Certificates.  The Republicans should be all for this idea.  Less kids on welfare.  How do the religious right and the politicians not see their own and very apparent hypocrisy?  Hypocrites, all of them. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

art.diva
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Couldn't have said it better myself..

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

America is a sad, selfish country that it's citizens do not care about each other or believe that health care is a human right :/ Preventive care is better than later trying to cure a full fledged medical problem in its severe or late stages. Less expensive too. But if you don't have money then screw you. You can't afford to prevent or catch it early you should just suffer and die from it. Gotta love this country.

Mommy22boys
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

The thinking behind this is that bc can cause an abortion if you become pregnant while on bc. I think it's all bs.  A woman's reproduction or lack there of should be kept between her partner and her doctor.

Quoting randi1978:

How are they "doing what's right" by making it harder for women to access contraceptives?

Oh, wait.....even birth control is abortion to some of them backwoods yahoo's.....Single women are supposed to be nuns until Prince fucking Charming comes along with a marriage proposal.

Kim                                                                       
 teacherHomeschooling mom and reading book addict

“Home is the best place for teaching many things, first and most important of which is how to think for one's self.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

stepdiva
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Birth control is a very personal choice, there is no right or wrong IMO. It has nothing to do with whether or not you are pro-choice.
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate the word and think of it as a derogatory term used against women to "keep them in their place" but screw the people who cling to those out dated patriarchal ideas.

Have we not advanced past such ridiculousness ?

Quoting art.diva:

I was called a slut  a couple of pages ago....I must forfeit my rights as a mom.  *sniffles*

Quoting Tatum2U:

I'm against Sluts being Mom's , I think they should all have birth control.

Quoting shaiorta:

How about not spreading their legs for every Tom, Dick and Harry if they don't want to get pregnant. It is not the baby's fault their mama is a slut. If she is not married, I don't care if she is sleeping with one man or ten, she should not be haveing sex at all. 

Now, that being said I totally agree. I am Passionately Pro Life, and I think that while abortion should be outlawed, women should have full access to birth control. 

briesmomisback
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Wow :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clarkwife
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I am pro life and very supportive of subsidized birth control for women. There are a lot of married people that can't afford another $30/month. Poverty is rampant and women need to have access to reliable birth control.
Mommyzlovez
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I agree girl completely.

I agree, I am PRO-LIFE and I take BC I am fertial BEYOND fertial but we just had our second child ( our oldest is 8 yrs and the baby is 10 months) and we dont want another one right now if ever. BC is also great for other medical reasons, I am also Catholic and was raised Prodestant....I see no reason not to take BC. Now yes the rythom method or other wise known as NFP works for the most part but not always, yes BC also is not 100% proof, however as someone who used to have HORRIBLE menrtal cramps and very HEAVEY bleeds as a teen my parents seriously thought about putting me on it....then I got pregnant lol...but thankfully with the man I had planned on marrying (we were and still are very much in love).

Quoting Lillymygirl:

Quoting couponluv72:

sheer idiocy

Isn't it though. I don't understand all of the federal funding rulings and will freely admit that. But what I do understand is that this hatred of planned parenthood is causing people to cut their noses off to spite their face and putting women's health in risk in the end.

Not what this pro-life Christian wants. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN