Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

THIS is NOT an answer for abortion.

Posted by   + Show Post

What a mess. This is scary . I HATE abortion But I LOVE women and they should all have ACCESS to birth control. How did things go so wrong?

The article is extremely long so I am including the link and some pieces of the article. i just think that being pro-life shouldn't mean people cut all funding and availability of BIRT CONTROL , it's wrong and could cause more expensive problems later. Yes I want women to not abort their children but isn't it best, all the way around, if they can get birth control and not get pregnant when they aren't willing to or able to support children? 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-states-slash-birth-control-idUSTRE8240ZM20120305

Mon Mar 5, 2012 10:41am EST

(Reuters) - Even as a national debate rages over contraception insurance, tens of thousands of low-income women and teenagers across the United States have lost access to subsidized birth control as states slash and restructure family planning funds.

the Texas funding cut prompted Planned Parenthood to shut down 11 clinics. It also has jeopardized a $40 million family-planning program run as a Medicaid extension.

The program provides free birth control and annual exams to 130,000 low-income women of reproductive age who don't qualify for regular Medicaid. The federal government pays 90 percent of the cost; Texas puts up just $4 million a year.

About 40 percent of women in the Texas program get subsidized care from Planned Parenthood clinics, but a new state law blocks those clinics from participating. The Obama administration has said that violates federal Medicaid rules. If neither side compromises, the program will likely close by the end of March.

That infuriates Jonee Longoria, a single mother in Houston who relied on the program for free services for several years as she put herself through college. "I had one child living in poverty and I didn't want another," Longoria said.

She now works for a social service agency and refers many clients to the program for contraception. Without it, she said, "where would they go?"

Advocates of defunding Planned Parenthood say they regret any service disruptions for poor women. But they call it a necessary price to pay to take a moral stance on abortion.

"We're just doing what we think is best," said Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life, 

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (751-760):
melelaine
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

That made me cry.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Quoting astenken:

I think partial birth abortion is a heinous crime.  There is no medical necessity for it.  What I am saying is there is no reason for a late-term abortion, either. What reason could there possibly be (other than the mother not wanting the child) to abort a baby that, given the chance, could survive outside of the womb?  A child someone else would love to care for and adopt?  None.  Even if the child ends up dying, the mother can feel relief knowing she did not kill her child.  Post Abortion Syndrome is real, even though PP says it is not. It is not ours to decide whether someone else's life is worth living.

first person account of a late term abortion  -> LINK 

melelaine
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Very interesting that when he brought up people saying free access (through insurance and PP) to birth control is giving women a free way to go out and have sex, she said, its so dumb its not even worth repsonding to.

Quoting LoriLou75:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-march-7-2012/cecile-richards

Here is a link for anyone interested.

Quoting melelaine:

Did anyone see the Daily Show and the woman from PP, so funny...

LoriLou75
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I LOVED that part!! LMAO!

Quoting melelaine:

Very interesting that when he brought up people saying free access (through insurance and PP) to birth control is giving women a free way to go out and have sex, she said, its so dumb its not even worth repsonding to.

Quoting LoriLou75:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-march-7-2012/cecile-richards

Here is a link for anyone interested.

Quoting melelaine:

Did anyone see the Daily Show and the woman from PP, so funny...

astenken
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Again, this late term abortion was not medicaly necessary.  These parents could not be bothered to deal with their child and its issues. It wasn't the life "they" would have chosen for their child.  Who are they to judge whether another person's life is worth living.  They are not seeing the situation through God's eyes.  Just their own selfish ones.  They will live the rest of their lives knowing they aborted their baby, and some day, it will eventually hit them that they made the selfish choice, if it hasn't already.  I suspect it already has, which is why they posted this on a pro-abortion web-site, because they needed to hear the exact opposite of what their consciences were quite eloquently telling them.

nysa76
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I hear so many bad things about planned parenthood. All I have is my experience with them.  That's where I found out I was pregnant with my oldest.  I was asked if I knew all of my options, I said yes and abortion was never, ever mentioned.  In fact, they put me in touch with a great gyno.  I still see him today, almost 18 yrs later.

Stopping access to birth control will never, NEVER reduce abortions.  That is extremely ridiculous!

neverbeamom
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Northern- Traverse City area.

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

yeah me too.... where in MI are you?

Quoting neverbeamom:

I'm so screwed if this happens in Michigan.  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I assume you are talking about the link Mackenzie40 posted. I think you are being very cruel and judgemental of them. You don't have any clue what their relationship with god is, if they even have one. To call them selfish is just mean. I would think only a selfish person would bring a baby into this world knowing they would have a very short and very painful life.

Quoting astenken:

Again, this late term abortion was not medicaly necessary.  These parents could not be bothered to deal with their child and its issues. It wasn't the life "they" would have chosen for their child.  Who are they to judge whether another person's life is worth living.  They are not seeing the situation through God's eyes.  Just their own selfish ones.  They will live the rest of their lives knowing they aborted their baby, and some day, it will eventually hit them that they made the selfish choice, if it hasn't already.  I suspect it already has, which is why they posted this on a pro-abortion web-site, because they needed to hear the exact opposite of what their consciences were quite eloquently telling them.

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

lucky you, i hear it's nice up there. i'm down in shitty ol' Flint...

Quoting neverbeamom:

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Quoting neverbeamom:

neverbeamom
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I love Flint. ...*shitty grin* Lol. I am not a city girl. I love it up here. You should consider moving here someday. Seriously. The thing I hate most is snow but I can deal with it. Fresh air, green trees and grass, friendly people, and safe neighborhoods mean more!

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Quoting neverbeamom:

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Quoting neverbeamom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I'm getting sick of Flint again, remembering why we left in the first place (DH and I lived in New Orleans for 2 years, came back in 2009). I wouldn't mind Traverse City, but I HAAAAAATE snow & cold, and i know it's colder up there than it is here (I want to go back South)! LoL

We're actually debating a move to Grand Rapids, as DH has family there and his uncle is looking to hire a few more people (DH is in construction, and I don't think I have to tell you that work is SLOW in this state for him)... I just wanna be somewhere warm, with good schools (our DD is autistic) and less crime... 

Quoting neverbeamom:

I love Flint. ...*shitty grin* Lol. I am not a city girl. I love it up here. You should consider moving here someday. Seriously. The thing I hate most is snow but I can deal with it. Fresh air, green trees and grass, friendly people, and safe neighborhoods mean more!

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Quoting neverbeamom:

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

Quoting neverbeamom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)