Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Being an aide in a nursing home requires I do alot of gross stuff, but I REFUSE to do this!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

That is trim up another woman's pubic hairs!!!!!!

I has a resident ask me to do such a thing. I told her that I would have to find the right stuff to do it with first, if I could. Turns out I couldnt find anything! LOL

GROSS!!!!!

Would you do this for another woman??

EDIT:

I have been on the phone with another nurse who has worked in this facility for years now. According to her, I did what I was suppose to do, which was to say what I did, go to nurse and go from there. If resident is to ask again she is to be told no, that our facility does not do those things and to cite the reasons and refer her to DON or Administrator for clarification. So, there you have it. I will refuse to do this and be in the right to do so.

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
nicndetsmom
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
3 moms liked this
A round if thundering applause for that answer!

Quoting 3earthangels:

It's your job. You choose to be a CNA, which is basically personal care of a patient. If you won't cut pubic hair, I highly doubt you're doing well at washing their genitals either. Find a different, less "gross" job and let these people have their dignity. If you were my CNA and a resident told me you refused to do it, you bet your ass you would be written up.

Quoting momdoes:

My hats off to you girl! Aint no way this one will. That is a delegating thing for sure! LOL

Quoting 3earthangels:

Yes, and I have. I am a LPN in a nursing home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM

They can write me up, but I will not do that unless it is for medical purposes only. I have been an aid for almost 20 yrs and this is the first time a resident has asked such a thing from me. And just because I refuse to do one thing, and this thing no less, does not equal me being a shitty aid, so you can fuck off with that mess!

Quoting 3earthangels:

It's your job. You choose to be a CNA, which is basically personal care of a patient. If you won't cut pubic hair, I highly doubt you're doing well at washing their genitals either. Find a different, less "gross" job and let these people have their dignity. If you were my CNA and a resident told me you refused to do it, you bet your ass you would be written up.

Quoting momdoes:

My hats off to you girl! Aint no way this one will. That is a delegating thing for sure! LOL

Quoting 3earthangels:

amerigalese
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
depending on that state it is that technically isnt your job. the nurse should be notified. it clearly states in some facilities and state guidelines that we are not supposed to trip, cut or do any hair modifications. this is to be done by a trained person or nurse since it could be considered a form of sexual abuse.... if the old lady goes bonkers on u u gotta protect your ass with more than a pillow
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No freaking way...I thought you had to be licensed for that...Ewwww...

dmarie2101
by The Assassin on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

if you dont want to be called that, stop being it.

Quoting momdoes:

They can write me up, but I will not do that unless it is for medical purposes only. I have been an aid for almost 20 yrs and this is the first time a resident has asked such a thing from me. And just because I refuse to do one thing, and this thing no less, does not equal me being a shitty aid, so you can fuck off with that mess!

Quoting 3earthangels:

Quoting momdoes:

Quoting 3earthangels:

amerigalese
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
kansas facilities do not allow this to be done by cnas
kitty8199
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Someone sounds like they're in the wrong field if that's how they talk about the residents.

Quoting jayme1978:

"Gross stuff" is that how you want someone to describe what happens to you when you're old? Have some respect and grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I would...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I trim pubic hairs for my job. But I'm an ER nurse, they are having a STEMI, and are on their way to the cath lab. So I guess that's different. I wouldn't trim them just for their personal preference...

soon2bemomof307
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Yes. Not too much grossest me out. I do many things my patients request. I've even dug out poop from a severely constipated patient. Double gloved of course. The women was in agony, I couldn't watch her suffer anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN