Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help me, please? *i beg you* *update*

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 15 Replies

update- I swear ya'll like a freaking lightbulb coming on i got it. WOOHoo. Okay i dont know why that happens sometimes. i wil sit there for days trying to figure out what to do and then BAM i understand it. Thank you so much ladies.

ok ive been working on this home for 2 days now and im not getting anywhere fast. Noone in my family seems to be able to help me and my instructor isnt explaing it to where i understand. 

heres the text we have to read (just a snippit of it)

Quote:

Stage Three: The Beginning Thinker

Relevant intellectual traits. The key intellectual trait required at this stage is some degree of intellectual humility in beginning to recognize the problems inherent in thinking. In addition, thinkers must have some degree of intellectual confidence in reason, a trait which provides the impetus to take up the challenge and begin the process of active development as critical thinkers despite limited understanding of what it means to do high-quality reasoning. In addition, beginning thinkers have enough intellectual perseverance to struggle with serious problems in thinking yet lack a clear solution to those problems. In other words, at this stage thinkers are recognizing more and more problems in their thinking but have not yet discovered how to systematize their efforts to solve them.

Self-assessment (required to move forward). What am I doing on a day-to-day basis to begin to take command of my thinking? Am I beginning to recognize mistakes I am making in thinking? Am I committed to finding those mistakes? Am I beginning to recognize when I am being egocentric? Am I beginning to recognize egocentric thinking in others? Am I beginning to understand that the quality of my life depends on the quality of my thinking? Am I able to see that sporadic attempts at improvement are not enough, that I need to develop a systematic approach to improving my thinking?

Potential obstacles. Egocentric defensiveness, intellectual, arrogance, rationalization, and self-deception may lead the thinker to dismiss or avoid facing the challenge at this stage.

heres what the insturcto wants:

part in read is what im struggling with.

Quote:

Complete the matrix by identifying the six stages of critical thinking, describing how to move from each stage to the next, and listing obstacles you may face as you move to the next stage of critical thinking.

based of this can ANYONE explain or give me an example of what he is wanting? Im so damn confused.

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

bump anyone?

lovemystinky
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I would but I'm mobile and took two muscle relaxers, so bump, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

thanks momma. 

Quoting lovemystinky:

I would but I'm mobile and took two muscle relaxers, so bump, sorry.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM
the six stages are listed right there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

yes i know what the 6 stages are. But im struggling with figure out how to list obstacles you may face going from one stage to the other. Every stage has this "Potential obstacles. Egocentric defensiveness, intellectual, arrogance, rationalization, and self-deception may lead the thinker to dismiss or avoid facing the challenge at this stage." list as potentional obstacles. Thats why im confused. 

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

bump

twisted_charlie
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems your answer will be based more on your own personal opinion rather than a factual "right-wrong" answer. Your struggle with an answer, could be your answer.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM
yeah it is a little confusing..maybe he wants you to explain your thinking process?

Quoting mstkn.identity:

yes i know what the 6 stages are. But im struggling with figure out how to list obstacles you may face going from one stage to the other. Every stage has this "Potential obstacles. Egocentric defensiveness, intellectual, arrogance, rationalization, and self-deception may lead the thinker to dismiss or avoid facing the challenge at this stage." list as potentional obstacles. Thats why im confused. 

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM
there may not be a right or wrong answer everyone processes thinking differently.

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

yeah it is a little confusing..maybe he wants you to explain your thinking process?

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

thats what i thought. But im still struggling with it. School is not my strong point. I stuggles all my life in it. I dont understand things like most so even simple tasks are extremely hard for me :-/

thanks

Quoting twisted_charlie:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems your answer will be based more on your own personal opinion rather than a factual "right-wrong" answer. Your struggle with an answer, could be your answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)