Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you throw your pregnant teen daughter a baby shower?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why or why not?

Let's say she was at least 15-16 and was being responsible as far as taking care of her future child. Already got a job and interested in continuing school.
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Edited by
on
Replies (51-60):
carley43789
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
yes, I would. I was 16 when I was pregnant with my twins, my mother refused to let me have a shower so dh's sister threw one for us. Idk what she said to my mom but she showed up and was fully suportive from that day on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
3 moms liked this

No.

DEJavu17
12 moms liked this

I absolutely would not, if she is younger than 18.  And her friends would be informed that a shower is not welcomed or condoned. I will not support my child ruining her life, and if she wants to have a baby, then she is going to learn the hard way. All baby items will be purchased second hand. She will not use name brand diapers, she will not have the newest greatest stroller, and she will breast feed. Period.

There is a light being cast on teen pregnancy these days that makes it look so easy.  My daughter will know what it is like to struggle, and she will learn to make the best of the cards she has been dealt.

**ETA-- I would be supportive, to a point. But I would also make damn sure that SHE takes care of her child, not me. She would be responsible for making sure she has childcare, and that she finishes school, and works. If she is 18 thats a different thing. She is an adult, and the US government deems it fit for her to make her own decisions. As long as she graduates high school, what she does with her life after that is on her.

Dawnm0809
What she said...

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Yes, what's done is done. Now she needs family support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by AKA Phoebe Buffay on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
4 moms liked this

No. I would not.

Goobieville
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

yup- means less i have to buy! 

Chrissy0918
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting SevysMomma:

Yes, of course! Who cares how old she is - every mother to be deserves something as great as a baby shower. Just because she is young doesn't mean the child should not be welcomed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearspea
This!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Yes, what's done is done. Now she needs family support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl1224

Quoting SevysMomma:

Yes, of course! Who cares how old she is - every mother to be deserves something as great as a baby shower. Just because she is young doesn't mean the child should not be welcomed.

I agree 

Born & Raised Army Brat

Tim Burton Fans Join Me Here!  

CountryGirl1224

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN