Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

after 7 years.......(update)(2nd update)(3rd update)(4th update)(5th and final update)

of ttc, 

I finally got my bfp! I kind of thought I was pregnant but didn't want to get myself too excited cuz I have done that too many times. I still can't get too excited yet tho cuz my last pregnancy in 2004 was ectopic. so I going to the hospital 1st thing in the morning to get an emergency ultrasound to make sure its not another ectopic. so we'll see. hopefully its not. wish me luck!!

update(3/17)- I just got home from hospital and now I even more confused as ever. they gave me ultrasound and it showed absolutely nothing. they couldn't find baby or anything. they took blood sample tho and said my pregnancy hormone level was at 37. they said that was extremely low and that according to that, I conceived like 2 or 3 days ago. which I know I didn't. I have thought I was pregnant for at least 2 weeks now. so that makes no sense. they told me to go to the dr 1st thing monday morning and have them check my levels again to see if they going up and they'll go from there. so I dunno. doesn't sound good. they also said I had some bacteria in my urine. asymptomatic, which I guess is a uti w/ out symptoms. so anyways.....that is all I have for now. I will update again in a few days when I know more.

update 2-small update(3/22). I finally got to the dr yesterday. they said my levels have to be at 1000 in order to see anything on ultrasound. and since I was at a 37 on friday, there was no way I was anywhere near 1000 by yesterday. so he just gave me a pelvic exam and pap. and then drew more blood on me to check my levels to see how they compare to fridays levels. he went ahead and scheduled me for an ultrasound in 2 weeks when I should be at 1000. he said if my levels have risen like they should, then no phone calls. I will just come in for ultrasound in 2 weeks. however if levels are bad, they will call me sometime friday to schedule me to come in this next week to get checked out further. results will be posted online so I can check them if they don't call me. so anyways.....thats where I at now. more waiting. I so frustrated. I know there is nothing more they can do at this time to find out 1 way or another if this is another ectopic or not. but I am just so nervous and anxious to know. I can't stand the waiting. I don't know how to feel. I don't want to get all happy and excited just to find out its another ectopic. ugh this really sucks. but by tomorrow evening I should hopefully know a lot more.

update 3 (3/27)- ok 1 more update. I finally heard back from the dr office today. I had called cuz the antibiotics I was on for uti were making me really sick. nausea, loss of appetite, and really bad diarrhea. so they said come in anytime today and drop off urine sample to see if it still shows uti. if so, they will give me something else. so I went in, and luckily my uti had cleared up and it was all gone. so don't have to worry about that anymore. so anyways.....the more important news......my levels. I had gone from a 37 two fridays ago to a 242 last wednesday. so they def doubled. that still doesn't rule out an ectopic 100%. but its a good sign that it probably all good. I have an ultrasound this next monday so I should know for sure 1 way or another after ultrasound. so we'll see. but so far its looking good.

update 4 (4/2) I had my ultrasound 1st thing this morning 8:30am. the ultrasound technician couldn't really tell me anything. she said she would send ultrasound info to my dr and as soon as he took a look at it, he would have the office call me to schedule me to come in for my next appt. but she did give me pics of baby and told me its heart rate which was 115. and she said while according to my last period I should be 10w4d. however baby was measuring 5w6d. so that means if I found out a whole 2 weeks ago I was only 3 weeks when I found out. very very early. but we'll see. anyways, I still waiting to hear back from dr office. but I thinking it must be all good. I really don't think she would have given me a picture and told me heart rate and all that if it was another ectopic. but you never know I guess. but anyways thats all I have for now. waiting to hear back from dr for official news. here is pic she gave me.

final update (4/3) finally heard back from the dr office today. like I thought from ultrasound yesterday, the baby is good. its in the uterus like it should be. its not an ectopic, thank god! I am 6 weeks today and my due date is tuesday november 27th. just a few days after thanksgiving.

thanks to all of you who wished me well and good luck and checked up on me. it was a long and stressful 2 weeks waiting to find out and get good news. I can now relax and stop worrying and am so happy and excited now. 

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (191-200):
BoggiezMom
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Congrats!!! That's awesome. When I first heard that I was pregnant with my son the same thing happened. My hormone levels were so low in the blood test they couldn't tell for sure. I had to wait a week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting kelseysd:

Wow, so excited for you! Your due date is my dad's birthday, and you might have a Thanksgiving baby! :)

that would be cool. my son came a whole week early. so I might deliver early w/ this 1 too. we'll see.

karla85
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Congratulations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Glad things "ended" happily, congrats!

lol...i  put ended in quotes because this is really only the beginning, but i think you know what i mean.

morrigan914
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yeah for baby!

JasKat3
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yay and congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carmndomsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! My bday is Nov 27th :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizbeth05
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Aww congrats!! And that date its my bday!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizbeth05
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine too :)

Quoting carmndomsmom:

Congratulations! My bday is Nov 27th :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I have been following this since I first saw it and I am so so excited for you!! I know, you don't know me and I don't know you bit I am very excited for you! Congratulations and H&H9M!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)