Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Edit: HOLY CRAP! I made this post and then never came back to it! (we had some issues that came up) WOW! I think this is the most replies ive ever gotten! Now im going to read all of them :)

I was watching some court show and a lady was suing another lady for a meal that was ruined at a restaurant and pain and suffering.
What happened was she was nursing her 4 yr old out in the open (no covering) and another lady was there (she being realitor with some clients) She was very disturbed by the breast exposure and the "sucking noises" coming from the 4 yr old.

She claimed to have asked her nicely to stop. And she refused. So she went to her car and got a blanket or towel and tossed it on to the nursing mother. The Mom claimed that she threw it at her causing the "glasses of wine" tipping over.
I didnt catch the verdict....ugh! Did anyone else watch this today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
4 moms liked this
I realize that nursing in public is a woman's right but when and where do you draw the line? Would it be okay if I nursed my husband while we sat in a restruant? It's natural and healthy especially if it's something done because he is sick. There is a point in time in which you have to draw the line on when it's acceptable to do in public. For most that line is drawn around a year to two years old.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Peeing in public is unsanitary.

Eating in public is normal. There is no reason that shouldn't apply to nursing preschoolers.

And not doing something so beneficial because our society is screwed up beyond repair on that issue... ok. Peer pressure really gets to you, doesn't it.

Quoting workinmum24:

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Real mature. I'm sure the 4 year old ate a meal as well.

Why would you be disgusted at something biologically normal?

Quoting workinmum24:

i would absolutley be disgusted. a 4yr old has teeth like the rest of us. buy them a fucking burger.

at 4yrs old, the child can attain thier nutrition through other means ie:chewing. i suppose it would be totally alright for me to stand up in the middle of said restaurant and pee into a pint glass. peeing would be considered biologically normal wouldnt it? funny too, how peeing is a lifelong biological necessity. im sure breastfeeding past a particular age is socially unacceptable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I am all for extended breast feeding, but I think there is a point to stop.  I breast fed mine until he was almost two, but I also have a 4yo... I couldn't even begin to imagine nursing him.

amberklo
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

LMFAO!!!!

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I'll be tagging along on his honeymoon. Just in case he needs a little 'bob bob' before he goes snorkeling with his wife.

Quoting amberklo:

then at what age do you stop 20?thats just a bit to old maybe 2yrs old but not 4yrs old

Quoting tyrelsmom:

It's beneficial for them, too.

Quoting amberklo:

that lady as her right to breast feed in public the thing that bugs me is a 4yr old really!

mommy259
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no issues nursing older children, however that should only be done in private when the child hits a certain age...

amberklo
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

why nurse a 4yr old its not like they need it.If you say they do in that case there going to need it until there a full adult.

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Why bring in a ridiculous comparison? Nursing a 4 yr old does not mean you will be nuring them when they are 20.

Quoting amberklo:

then at what age do you stop 20?thats just a bit to old maybe 2yrs old but not 4yrs old

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Quoting amberklo:

that lady as her right to breast feed in public the thing that bugs me is a 4yr old really!

AisleyneChasidy
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm sorry but I'm taking the woman who got the blanket side in this situation. In a RESTAURANT a 4 year old with TEETH can surely have a plate of food and then if it's really necessary be breastfed in the comfort of their own home.

peaches_04
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Id counter sue for violating my rights, inconvience of court plus any court cost
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workinmum24
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM
7 moms liked this

breastfeed in public, fine. a 4yr old, unacceptable. if it must be done, id be tossing a blanket her way too. 

cut the apron strings, cook a meal and get a grip. my guess is that you'll be the only over-bearing mother in the kindergarden lunch room with your pepperoni nippled tit hanging out because you cant see the benifits of a ham and cheese sandwich lol. 

amberklo
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

lmfao~I see what you are saying I always thought moms are supposed to stop at 2 or 3yrs

Quoting tyrelsmom:

When their adult teeth come in they can no longer nurse without doing damage to mom's nipples. So 20 would be out.
They stop when either the child, or mother, or both, want to stop.
Studying apes and making a comparison there, our natural weaning age should be approx 5, I believe it was. It's been awhile, lol.

Quoting amberklo:

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Quoting amberklo:

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Nursing your husband is not natural. It could be beneficial, if he was sick, but not natural. We have breasts to feed our children, not our spouses.

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

I realize that nursing in public is a woman's right but when and where do you draw the line? Would it be okay if I nursed my husband while we sat in a restruant? It's natural and healthy especially if it's something done because he is sick. There is a point in time in which you have to draw the line on when it's acceptable to do in public. For most that line is drawn around a year to two years old.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Peeing in public is unsanitary.

Eating in public is normal. There is no reason that shouldn't apply to nursing preschoolers.

And not doing something so beneficial because our society is screwed up beyond repair on that issue... ok. Peer pressure really gets to you, doesn't it.

Quoting workinmum24:

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Real mature. I'm sure the 4 year old ate a meal as well.

Why would you be disgusted at something biologically normal?

Quoting workinmum24:

i would absolutley be disgusted. a 4yr old has teeth like the rest of us. buy them a fucking burger.

at 4yrs old, the child can attain thier nutrition through other means ie:chewing. i suppose it would be totally alright for me to stand up in the middle of said restaurant and pee into a pint glass. peeing would be considered biologically normal wouldnt it? funny too, how peeing is a lifelong biological necessity. im sure breastfeeding past a particular age is socially unacceptable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN