Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
DH and I have been together for 8.5 years. Last May, we went to the town hall and signed the papers to make it official. We brought our two kids, my MIL, two BILs and grandMIL. We told everyone else after the fact.

MIL has hinted at us having a party, like a reception I guess. I think bc DH is her oldest and this was his first marriage. We live with MIL, and her and I were outside cleaning up the yard today and I asked if she was having BILs graduation party here, she said she wasn't sure but the yard needed to be cleaned up anyway and maybe DH and I should have a wedding party.

So our one year anniversary will be on a Sunday in May, and I think it would be fun to just invite everyone over, have a cook out, maybe a bon fire. Nothing formal or anything, just a good time.

So is it tacky to ask people to come for that? Or would it just be fun?
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting 2littledaisies:

sounds fun to me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM

My husband and I were together for 6 years and went 2.5 years ago to get married at city hall. Just our kids and I. My mom had us a party for our one year anniversry. We rented tents, tables, and all of that. Had a nice dinner and then had a party after. Music, dancing, chocolate fountains. It was so much fun! I'm glad we did that.

streich420
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

good idea! do it...

JacksMom1221
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Fun!! Any reason for family and friends to gather is a great one!! Happy anniversary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM

FUN! Do it!! lol

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

No, it is not tacky to ask people to come for that. Yes, it would be fun, having a cook out and a bon fire with friends. 

cnm5381no2
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evonavich
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Fun!
My 'reception' in 2 weeks is gonna be laser tag haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Sounds like fun to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I think it sounds fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)