Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I want to say thank you .. by giving something away to a child born in April - Edit for 'winners'

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 90 Replies
4 moms liked this

This year has perhaps been one of the worst in my life to be honest. I know many of you have been following the problems with my son and his court case for sexual assault against his step sister. My step moms cancer,  my brothers alcoholism and suicide attempts/threats, my neice being put in jail and losing custody of her 2 year old.

I have every reason in the world to curl into a ball and give up to be honest. BUT.. I haven't.. and its largely due to the people here. Those who have supported me through everything.. even if it was just a few kind words. Even those who were hard on me and challenged my actions through my sons court case, you made me think, examine and confirm my actions to myself.

Anyway.. as a thank you I want to give away something.. It's my sons birthday this April and every year I am reminded that he almost did not make it. He was born emergency c-section with a cord prolapse, and although he has a few issues he is here and healthy for the most part.

So to celibrate it this year I want to send a gift to another April baby,

To help a mom in need to make their childs birthday a bit brighter. A gift from my child to yours.

So nominate your April born babies. Give me the age they are turning, date, and gender.. maybe an idea of what they like (especially for girls lol I have four boys)

Tell me why you feel you need help with their birthday.

Oh guess I should add a closing date since it has to come from Canada lol ... I'm going to give until Friday the 23rd so I can get it bought and sent on Monday the 25th hopefully.

I decided to choose two, a boy and a girl. I went with older kids because I think sometimes they tend to be overlooked. So the winners are:

Nicole1319 for her daughter turning 13

and friendlymom5 for her son turning 9

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acaisha
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Oh and thanks to Trouser who kind of inspired me with her monkey give away :)

militarywife09
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I have two girls but they are June and July lol. That's so sweet of you, and I hope things get better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Angela on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Thats awesome! My oldest will be 5 in April but we are ok, here's a bump for another mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_me4ever
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM
keep it up, I wish you the best hang on their momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM

bumps are great too :D

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Aw, I love these posts :) bump for someone in need :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:34 PM
My son will be 3 April 23rd...he loves Thomas the train and cars/trucks lol...typical boy :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM

BUMP!

acaisha
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

that was my sons due date :) he was born on the 12th though

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

My son will be 3 April 23rd...he loves Thomas the train and cars/trucks lol...typical boy :-)

bigmomma89
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I have two girls but their birthdays are in sept and sec but heres a bump :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)