Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I babysit a 5 and 7 year old. both girls both are great loving kids, parents are great.

I have been doing before school duty now for a few weeks and they have started being less than modest in my presence.

I know Im a girl too and all that.

THeir mother is a nurse.

However it just still feels awkward to me that they run around in just underpants and no shirt (covering themselves)  edit to add - this happens when they get dressed for school sorry if I wasn't previously clear. They wake up in usually a t shirt and underpants - and i send them to change for school and they have started running out and laughing and shaking their butts etc.   They aren't just randomly stripping.

Especially the 7 year old who is budding.

I asked them to be more modest , and polite.

The younger one has started a facination with my boobs too, trying to look down my shirt, commenting on them going "WOONGA WOONGA" with her arms out to mock my boobs.

I told her that's impolite and to not talk about other peoples body parts like that.

Edit to ad - this is at THEIR house.. not mine.

but now Im wondering if im being too modest or strict? They are just being goofy girls??

what says you all.

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mamato3Nunns
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I don't think you are. Especially seeing as they aren't your kids. And if it makes you uncomfortable then it matters little what others think. I would say something to their mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siouxssie
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

At that age they need to be more modest.  I wouldn't care so much if they were toddlers but even as toddlers they should be taught to be more modest around people who aren't mom and dad.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

at that age they are just being goofy. telling that things like that are impolite is fine but don't make huge deal out of it.

Kool_Aide
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Quoting FooLynRoo:

You could just mention that you noticed the girls prefer to be naked (except undies) and taking an interest in girly parts and you just wanted to get moms opinion.
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM

honestly I think you are over reacting. they are just young silly girls. while they really shouldn't be doing that around non-family like that, they are still just young girls. they just having fun. if it really bothers you, talk to their mom about it so she can have a talk w/ them about it.

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

honestly I think you are over reacting. they are just young silly girls. while they really shouldn't be doing that around non-family like that, they are still just young girls. they just having fun. if it really bothers you, talk to their mom about it so she can have a talk w/ them about it.

How have I over-reacted?

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Those are some weirdo fucking kids...My 8 year old has never acted that way...Neither of my little brothers ever acted that way.  I don't know of any children that age that would strip down and run around almost naked when they are being babysat.

No, I don't think you are being stuffy.

metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I'd probably tell them they should cover up too. Its not being stuffy. Its just teaching them to act human. Unless their mother is a nudist.

As for the boob thing. I've pretty much given up on expecting kids to not go 'you have big gazongas, Miss Em!'
Arwyn724
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think their interest in YOUR boobs is too much, but the rest...eh.  My girls weren't very attached to their clothes either (until they became teens, then I stapled them on)

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

You could just mention that you noticed the girls prefer to be naked (except undies) and taking an interest in girly parts and you just wanted to get moms opinion.

See I think its become like a game for them.

They do wear like t shirts and panties to bed - and wear that during AM time but the nudity comes when its getting them dressed for school etc.

I will tell them ill let them get dressed after I make sure they have what they need.

And they will giggle and yell and run out to the living area wiht their hands over their chest.

wiggle their buts.

You know silly girl stuff, but I dont know. It doesn't BOTHER me - i just don't think its correct for me as a non family member to allow it?

Maybe the mom will just tell me they are just goof balls and she's okay with it.

I just think I need to tell her is all and I will feel better about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)