Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

walking dead

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

anyone buy the comic books? 

I just purchase (Amazon) book 2 hardcover . Hope it's about where the series ended.- i did read a few pages and comments from people who purchased..

description says - This hardcover features issues #13-24 of the hit series along with the covers for each of the issues, all in one oversized hardcover volume. Continuing the tale of Rick Grimes and his band of survivors from the zombie apocalypse that has ravaged the world.

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

bump

mommyakabooby
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't, but I do have a question.
Is The Walking Dead really that good of a show? Everyone keeps talking about it, and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth getting into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I just watched the first episode last night on Netflix.  DH and I both liked it, but I'm not sure what all the hype is about.  Guess I need to watch some more!

bakedrice07
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Quoting mommytoeandb:

I just watched the first episode last night on Netflix.  DH and I both liked it, but I'm not sure what all the hype is about.  Guess I need to watch some more!

Yes you have to watch more....it's a good show. Season 2 has a lot of twist in it
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I heard zombies and was Like Yuck , give me a break sounds so stupid. Then one day I was bored and there was a walking dead marathon on ,...I'm hooked !!

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

piwife
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Good... is freaking awesome!!! Lol

Quoting mommyakabooby:

I haven't, but I do have a question.

Is The Walking Dead really that good of a show? Everyone keeps talking about it, and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth getting into.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ridiculousgab
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM
No but I love the show! Fall needs to come soon! And Netflix needs to get season 2 so me and my bf can watch it!
aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM

i read 1-6 in the comics n i was told there wer 12 total. so  much different from the tv series though..still good!

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting aarensmommy:

i read 1-6 in the comics n i was told there wer 12 total. so  much different from the tv series though..still good!

from what I understand the series kinda follows the comic book ( like the addition of the women with the zombie "Pets"Misha (sp?) ) anyway I soooo can't wait for next season so I thought maybe I could get a semi-fix through the comic books ...was hoping someone had read them.

aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

i wouldnt say they follow that well,....some simliarities though, like the jail at the end of the season that is in the comic ut misha doesnt show til they are settled in the jail and andrea was never seperated from the group. my DH heard the writer did the TV series the way he wanted the comic to turn out that is why things differ from the comic...

Quoting Tatum2U:

Quoting aarensmommy:

from what I understand the series kinda follows the comic book ( like the addition of the women with the zombie "Pets"Misha (sp?) ) anyway I soooo can't wait for next season so I thought maybe I could get a semi-fix through the comic books ...was hoping someone had read them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN