Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am "coming out"!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

I feel like I live a lie sometimes....I have a few friends who know the real me and are supportive, or at least they don't judge and cast our friendship aside. I think bad things would happen if certain people I am close to ever find these things out. 

I am agnostic. There...I said it. I was raised Catholic....confirmation, the whole 9 yards. I can tell you for sure I don't believe in the Catholic faith. I honestly believe that Catholicism was created as a way to control the populace, and since Catholicism was the first form of Christianity, I believe that Christianity was created as a way to control the masses. I also feel this way about all other forms of organized religion. 

I know very few "true Christians." That is, people that live a truly moral life and "practice what they preach" (even though they don't preach and are mostly only concerned with themselves). I really want to scream out so many things I find wrong with the ideas of Christianity, but I think I have said enough about religion.

I am pro-choice. This means I think that a woman has the right to choose where she wants her life to go. I don't think that should be dictated by anyone other than said woman. I do not believe that "life" begins at conception. I think that if there really is a God (in the Christian sense) then he will judge her and no mortal person should concern themselves with that task. 

I have been a recreational marijuana smoker in the past, and I probably will pick it up and put it back down again several times in the future depending on my specific circumstances. I am an advocate for complete legalization and regulation of Marijuana. I don't think that minors should use it. I think it should be regulated and taxed much like alcohol is. In my opinion, formed by my own experiences and being privy to others' experiences, there is nothing negative about marijuana if used responsibly. We can drink responsibly, right? So we can smoke responsibly too. This is a big one to me....my family would never get this. 

I see so many things wrong with the world today. I see so many things wrong in my own country today. I see people trying to control others. People trying to force policy on others when in reality it is not their business. I am kind of disgusted as of late. 

One day I hope to "come out" to my family so that I don't carry around this burden anymore. Until then...this vent will just have to do. 

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlsc85
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM

BUMP!

seamonkey419
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I agree with you completely. I don't use marijuana though. I tried it once but I didn't like it. I don't have a problem with it being legalized. I wasn't really raised in any certain religion, my parents taught me a little about every religion. My religious beliefs are agnostic too and I agree with the whole control of the masses thing. Good Luck with coming out.

skittle_jitters
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM
At one point in my life id been where you are...I never came out to family. Raised Southern Baptist,lol. Newly converted Christian. Don't know why my phone capitalized that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cloversmom808
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM
a bump for you... glad you found what you were looking for!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittle_jitters
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM
At one point in my life id been where you are...I never came out to family. Raised Southern Baptist,lol. Newly converted Christian. Don't know why my phone capitalized that lol. You're stronger than I was...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlsc85
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM

BUMP!

Grammiep344
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear Ya on this one and I am ill and legalizing it would help many sick people also They give you these perscription drugs that makwe you sicker with all the side effects I dont understand! Im in FL and I know someone that is taking mirinol now from there Dr for chronic pain and its helping

atyou
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Sorry you don't have a family who accepts you for who you are. =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlsc85
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I don't know that all of them would not accept me....I am just too much of a wuss to admit any of it to them....

Quoting atyou:

atyou
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Then sorry you have a family who you are afraid to admit those things to!

Quoting mlsc85:

I don't know that all of them would not accept me....I am just too much of a wuss to admit any of it to them....

Quoting atyou:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)