Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Breast exposed at the beach!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 154 Replies
7 moms liked this
we were at the beach and a woman was swimming in a bikini, and a wave caught her and her suit flipped down, the whole breast was exposed! Right in front of my children! She quicky covered it back up but still! How offensive! People should make sure they're fully covered and not wear suits that might expose their breast, even accidentally! Would this bother you?

EDIT:

So the consensus is that I'm ridiculous. That an accidental exposure of the breast isn't a huge deal and I can calmly explain that to my child.

Of course, I wholeheartedly agree. And accidental beach exposure of breasts is fairly common in the surf here in Hawaii.

So why is it that people are so ridiculous about a woman nursing her child without a cover outside of the home? Really, what's the difference? Why is THAT so hard to explain to a child? Why is the assumption that a woman nursing without a cover is attempting to draw attention or is being immodest, but the assumption of the woman on the beach is just going about her business and if anyone saw a flash or more of her breast then they need to get over themselves?

I genuinely want to know. My guess is that those who can't see the parallel are not, in fact, bothered by the breast. I believe it's the actual act of breastfeeding that bothers them.

Have
a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Do you have a diagnosis but no one has ever heard of it?  Come join other
moms of special needs children without a diagnosis (or with rare diseases) at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srbeusk
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
10 moms liked this
It's just a boob.
I don't teach my kids to feel shame at a naked body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
7 moms liked this

Shit happens. It's not like she was purposely flashing your kids.

matofour
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope
Boob happens
My kids know what boobs look like, I would explain her swim suit slipped and move on.
It's only a big deal when you make it a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.shank.
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM
6 moms liked this
Its not like she was flashing her tits like it was Mardi gras. It was an accident.

Chill out, bro.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2monsterboys
Should it??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM

No, it was an accident...

ashmac03

It would not bother me at all.  It was an accident.  It's not like she meant to flash anyone. 

AlmostFamous
Lmao. It happens. It's not like she was flashing on purpose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM
17 moms liked this
Does the stick up your ass make it hard to walk? It was an accident. Perhaps you should just stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)