Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yard Duty, they touched my penis!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am yard duty at my kids elementary school.  I CANNOT stand the principal, I think he is horrible and takes NOTHING seriously!  Today a little boy came up to me and told me two boys kept touching his penis (over his clothes) and wouldn't stop, even after he asked them to stop.  I was pretty concerned, and the principal happened to be passing by, so I told him what happened.  He took the boys aside and spoke to them for a minute, made them all hug and then let them go back to the playground and play.  He didn't ask me to write them up, he just said to me, "Oh, boys will be boys!"  I asked if he was going to inform any of the parents and he said, "No, lets not make this any more dramatic, just drop it." I think the parents deserve to know, and I'm sure the kid that was touched will tell his parents anyways.  And the two boys that were touching him, nothing happened to them!  I don't think its right!  Opinions?  I feel like quiting!

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Ugh.  My school would have taken that seriously.  I wouldn't quit because you might be the only person who cares enough to do something. 

If he regularly ignores things you think are serious, you might want to start documenting and then take it to the school board.  Or even talk to the school board now to see how it should have been appropriately handled.

AmyBe
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
If you don't have a way to communicate with the parent and your not getting help from the principle. Tell the teacher of the boys doing the touching.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I think this is serious,
You should perhaps speak with the principal again ..
Remind him that these kids will tell there parents & it's best they hear it from him what happened.
Let us know if anythig else happens :)

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I would document everything and speak with the principal again.  If he still doesn't do anything then go to the school board.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I'd talk to their teachers. If I was the parent and found out nothing was done I would be flipping out at the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
😧😧😧😧😧😧😧WTF
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I would definitely inform their teachers of the incident and keep documentation.  For our school that would be a write up of inappropriate touch.   DD got one from pulling a classmate around in the yard.  The classmate did not complain so there was no discipline other than us talking to her how it is not nice to pull someone around.

naominpipermom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I agree all of the above
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemybabiez
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
All the parents should have been contacted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN