Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

would you let your kid hang out with a pregnant teen?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I'm almost 17 and pregnant and have 2 friends who are allowed to hang out with me. (they're sisters) but that's it. I go to an online school, so its not like I see people my own age alot. But none of my friends' parents allow them to have sleepovers or really see me. So I get it, since im preggo they probably think im a bad influence. But seriosuly? what harm would it do to let them hang out with me? Its not like Im going to get them pregnant, or encourage them to. If anything I'd do just the opposite. Im already gonna be a single parent as it is & have to deal with the bashing/name calling. Anyways, I was jw would you let your kid hang with someone that was 13-17 and pregnant? Please dont bash me, Im just curious if you would & feel like crap already.

by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Yea as long as she wasn't a slut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
A pregnant 13-15 year old, prob not at that age I would consider it to be a bad influence. But 16&17 I wouldn't mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiquis
by Diamond Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I agree

Quoting southern.momof2:

sure. I dont see why not. They could probably learn from your situation. An example of what NOT to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Yes.

Because I would be a hypocrite if I didn't. My best friend got pregnant my junior year in high school, had the baby my senior year in high school, and fifteen years later, I still love her like a sister.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I wouldn't allow it without supervision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boysrablessing
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I got preg at 17 and all except for 2of my friends bailed on me. Some werent aloud to hang out with me others chose not to. It was one of the hardest things ive dealt with. Im sorry ur having to go through this im almost 25 now and have 4 kids my 2 friends that stuck around are my two closest friends still one also has 4 children the other has 3 hold tight to the friends that stick around they are the ones who will matter the most. If u need someone to talk to im here. And yes I def would let any of my boys hang out with a teen parent to be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom didn't allow me to hang out with the pregnant gals in hs, then I found out I was pregnant. Lol

Yes I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmama4
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I would not say no soley based on the fact she was pregnant. It's not like it's catching or anything. I will always based my decisons on the person themselves. How they act, carry themselves. I'm sorry people are doing that. Hopefully you will friends with understanding parents.

cloversmom808
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

this is what i thought. but my sister got pregnant at 15 i was only 9 and the neighbor kids were not allowed to hangout with ME. ppl are ignorant.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

I would. Pregnancy isn't contagious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)