Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Anyone have any good tilapia recipes? I love fish, but all I've figured out is lemon pepper and sunflower oil. lol!

Thanks in advance!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kandiface
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM
lol! Is it in a spice bottle or one of the packets? They're in different isles in our stores, so I need to know what I'm looking for. Sounds tasty!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

i buy a seasoning called "seafood magic", sprinkle it on and throw it in the George foreman grill. don't know what it is, but its delicious. probably overpriced salt and pepper lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM
That sounds good! I love citrus and fish together!

Quoting hautemama83:

I usually just squeeze lemon over them, slice up what's left of the lemon put it on top with a little butter and bake it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Halibut or trout can be hard to find here,  at least at the regular grocery stores.  Cod is what is used for most fish sticks,  I think.  It's a white meat fish.  That's my big problem with Tilapia is it's extremely fishy!  DH likes it but I don't.

Quoting Kandiface:

I usually can't get the fishy taste out of it, but tonight, I(and SO) did! Woot! I still love it. lol, I've never had cod or halibut.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Honestly Tilapia is my least favorite fish.  We eat Salmon, Cod, Halibut, and Tuna.  No matter how much seasoning I put on that stuff I think it's terrible.  It's no wonder that it's only 1.99 a pound.  BUT I will say that Tilapia is supposed to be really good for you in that it has the lowest amount of mercury in all the fish I listed.

Kandiface
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM
I've never made(or had) fish tacos, but I bet it'd be good with some taco seasoning and flaked! Yum!!
Thanks!

Quoting nysa76:

I bread it with parmesan and garlic.  So good!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Oh, okay. I don't eat fish sticks anymore(not since I was a little girl). I bought this spice stuff that has different stuff in it with lime and it took the fishy taste out of it.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Halibut or trout can be hard to find here,  at least at the regular grocery stores.  Cod is what is used for most fish sticks,  I think.  It's a white meat fish.  That's my big problem with Tilapia is it's extremely fishy!  DH likes it but I don't.

Quoting Kandiface:

I usually can't get the fishy taste out of it, but tonight, I(and SO) did! Woot! I still love it. lol, I've never had cod or halibut.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Honestly Tilapia is my least favorite fish.  We eat Salmon, Cod, Halibut, and Tuna.  No matter how much seasoning I put on that stuff I think it's terrible.  It's no wonder that it's only 1.99 a pound.  BUT I will say that Tilapia is supposed to be really good for you in that it has the lowest amount of mercury in all the fish I listed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:04 AM
its in a bottle and its made by "chef Paul". its orange and soooo tasty

Quoting Kandiface:

lol! Is it in a spice bottle or one of the packets? They're in different isles in our stores, so I need to know what I'm looking for. Sounds tasty!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

i buy a seasoning called "seafood magic", sprinkle it on and throw it in the George foreman grill. don't know what it is, but its delicious. probably overpriced salt and pepper lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Sweet, thanks!!

Quoting SadiasMomma:

its in a bottle and its made by "chef Paul". its orange and soooo tasty

Quoting Kandiface:

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

parmesean cheese, breadcrumbs, cajun seasoning, and pepper, salt, place in baggie, shake, bake and yummy oven fried tilapia! its my favorite way! 

KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I will not touch Tilapia! They are bottom feeding fish that live off other fish poop and cast offs of the other sea dwellers. Hence the extreme fishy taste and smell. Ewwww! To be truthful, I have never been big on seafood, but I will pay the extra $$$ for the better quality fish if I do eat it. Yucky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Lemon pepper tilapia :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN