Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Goodbye to Best Buy?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 70 Replies

What do you guys think? They closed all of their UK stores and will be closing 50 of the 168 stores this month. 

Microsoft also announced their next consouls games will be download only so stores like BB will not have hard copies of games to release and Gamestop will not be able to sell used games. 

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xSoPredictablex
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I personally dont like best buy so i could care less. Also do you have a link from microsoft? I cant imagine they would do away with all physical copies. Thats just a disaster waiting to happen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greekmama21
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM

http://www.investorplace.com/2012/01/will-the-next-xbox-be-hostile-to-used-games-msft-gme/

It's not a disaster when you think about it. A lot of netbooks and tablets now lack disk drives and the used game market costs the developers money. If they can eliminate the used game market, they make more money. Besides, if you pirate games on line now, they can lock your X-Box if you play on line. I think it would be much more difficult to do. 

JennyCaps
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I hope not. My bff is a manager at a Best Buy. And dh would be upset. He loves to walk around that store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM
My DH works there. I really hope they don't close his store. We'd be screwed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM
So you don't care about all the people who are losing their jobs?

Quoting xSoPredictablex:

I personally dont like best buy so i could care less. Also do you have a link from microsoft? I cant imagine they would do away with all physical copies. Thats just a disaster waiting to happen...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bsmother
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I personally don't care, the ones by me are just bad anyways.  The people working there are rude and act like they dont know what you are talkin about.  They should have secret shoppers to determine which ones go and stay.  The ones by me can GO!

Greekmama21
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

My husband is a manager as well, until he finishes grad school this month. We know a lot of employees. I think his store will be closing... they make the announcement the week before exams so he may be quitting on the spot to avoid stress during finals week:( 

Quoting JennyCaps:

I hope not. My bff is a manager at a Best Buy. And dh would be upset. He loves to walk around that store.

christina0607
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Does anyone shop there anyway?

They are a poorly run, overpriced business. Bound to fail.

hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM
They've already started down sizing. I wouldn't be shocked if bb ended up like mervyns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkanfgrl
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
They may just close all the ones that don't make any business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN