Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For the last 3yrs i have been visualizing me getting my own car.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
When I was 17 I got a car and had one til I was 26. Then our car got repoed in april 2OO9. Anyhow having this happen really affected me. About a month ago I finally felt like I was in the movie The Shining. My dh has been great in fact he often took ds took the park prior to work. I feel like a nut case right now. Just follow my story. I often visualized myself in an older earlier 90's honda accord. Those cars last Forever. My dh has a car for work and 8 am grateful. However the isolation changed my life. My mom came into some stock money thaT. Her father invested back in 1950. She called me today and said my one number goal before I die is get you a car. In 2wks I will be sending you 2 thousand dollaRs to a car......................... All I know is this is going be life changing for me. I've been gounded for the 3yrs...It makes me feel like less of adult to be not be able to leave home. I know I need to look at A lot of cars and Not rush into this. No joke I'm crying of happiness right now and I needed to share it someone...Thanks for listening!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:24 AM
BuMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diegosmom828
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Thats awesome, I bought my SO a car last year for $1200 because its tough only having one. He found it on Craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM

that's great! happy car hunting! :)

diegosmom828
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:29 AM
I was without a car for 8 months because I couldn't afford to fix it and when I finally fixed it I was soo happy. That's really nice of your mom to do that for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Happy hunting! Hope you find everything you are looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM
10+ without a car or being allowed to drive i understand how you feel enjoy your new car!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Thank you! I have already been just casually checking the out. Cars out on craiglist. WhAt type of car did your SO get? Year ? Make mdel..? I'm curious...has the car had issues.. sorry so ?'s . Thank You!

Quoting diegosmom828:

Thats awesome, I bought my SO a car last year for $1200 because its tough only having one. He found it on Craigslist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JWow0528
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Have fun car hunting. If you need help or have questions as far as what to look for while checking cars out, send me a message. I just started working for my dad again at his garage. I was also supposed to trade my car in on this past saturday...until some dumb girl ran a red light, i tboned her even though i tried avoiding the accident and totaled my car. Oh, the kicker? She took off and nobody was able to get her plate number. Im going to be fixing my car, out of pocket because i didnt have collision on my car, so im kissing my chances of getting a new car goodbye.

Again, good luck car hunting...you know I'm here if you have any questions!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Thank You!!

Quoting eyeheartsin:

that's great! happy car hunting! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diegosmom828
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM
He got a 1994 acura integra 4 door, he had to buy a new radiator and new tires but little by little he fixed it up and now it runs good. People go up to him and offer him twice what he paid for it.

Quoting Rydersmommy616:

Thank you! I have already been just casually checking the out. Cars out on craiglist. WhAt type of car did your SO get? Year ? Make mdel..? I'm curious...has the car had issues.. sorry so ?'s . Thank You!

Quoting diegosmom828:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)