Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

a lot of single moms really make me mad.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 266 Replies
13 moms liked this

and here is the reason why, its not because you have a kid without being married, or anything like that, its how you treat these poor dads that just want to have something to do with their kids, and be involved in their lives, if a guy pays his child support every month, and your children are in no danger while they are with them they should have just as much right to their child as you do! last time i checked it took two people to make a child, and why would you want to keep a child away from a father who LOVES them and wants to be involved in their lives, 

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
10 moms liked this

Yea, I can't stand when people let their bad relationship get in the way of the relationship a parent is supposed to have with their child.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Rosesandlilys
4 moms liked this

So what if he doesnt pay his child support and is dangerous?

1likeme
11 moms liked this
Hahahaha. AHHH Hahahahaha! So how many single mothers do you know personally who actually do this?
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmm...my ex husband does not pay child support, and he does not attempt to be in their lives. But if he wanted to I would let him. Although after 5 years, the kids (14,12,10) don't want anything to do with him either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM
4 moms liked this
I wonder that too. I don't know any. Most single moms I know are a) single by choice (meaning they've adopted children as a single parent) or b) supporting their children without financial or emotional support from the father.

I personally don't know any single moms with dads involved, though I know these mothers and fathers exist.

Quoting 1likeme:

Hahahaha. AHHH Hahahahaha! So how many single mothers do you know personally who actually do this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecouponlady
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM
6 moms liked this

Im guessing your with the guy? if do you may only know his side of the story,well they are always 2 more sides,his,hers,and the truth,having said that some women may feel resentful and use there kids as a chip to hurt him which imo is not right.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM
7 moms liked this
I hate when people (men included) claim to be a "single" parent, but live with their SO who also supports them. Just because you are not married doesn't mean you are single. Totally OT. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aMarieT
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

i would have to agree with you on this

I have a friend who was madly in love with the guy, got pregnant and just fell out of love with him

he loves his child and is by all accounts a doting, loving father. She, however is convinced that the child is hers, and hers alone, and she makes him jumps through impossible hoops to have time with the child. The way she sees it is that since the relationship between her and him didn't work out he shouldnt be able to see the child. She has even gone so far as to try to have him found as unfit.

it's a terrible situation, and she does not see the damage she is doing to their child by behaving this way

opinionatedmom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

ditto I so very much agree. and I was a single mom

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM
16 moms liked this

I'm just going to throw this out there.. Some guys LIE. About anything and everything. My kids dad told his gf that I didn't want him to see DD. And that I told him to stay away or I would call the police on him.

Umm.. As far as I know, you cant call the police on someone who's only crime against humanity is being a complete and total selfish idiot.

I would have liked nothing more than for my daughter to know her bio dad and know he loves her. But I wasn't willing to get on my knees and beg, so he has nothing to do with her.

I've seen plenty of guys lie about having psycho baby mommas to look good in front of other women. Just sayin

¡El pueblo unido, jamás será vencido!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN