Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

a lot of single moms really make me mad.

Posted by   + Show Post

and here is the reason why, its not because you have a kid without being married, or anything like that, its how you treat these poor dads that just want to have something to do with their kids, and be involved in their lives, if a guy pays his child support every month, and your children are in no danger while they are with them they should have just as much right to their child as you do! last time i checked it took two people to make a child, and why would you want to keep a child away from a father who LOVES them and wants to be involved in their lives, 

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

they like to use the child (ren) as ammunition against their ex to 'get back at them' for hurting them (the mom). Not ALL of the time, but a lot. I've seen it FARRR too many times. "If he doesn't come back and be with me, I'm NEVER letting him see his son!" so stupid and annoying.

opinionatedmom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

my so's ex is this way she will find any and every reason and lie to keep him from seeing his kids. she thinks she owns the kids and they are HER POSSESION. AND NO BODY HAS A SAY OVER THEM BUT HER. NOT EVEN THEIR DAD

Mommieplus4
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Yea I have a friend like that. Her ex lives on west coast and she lives in east coast and she basically denies him visits most of the time. He loves his kids and always pays cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Amen!

boysrablessing
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I chose when me and my ex split up that my children would form their own opinion about their father. It only took 3times of him bailing on them for them to start refusing to talk to him or see him. Most single moms keep their kids away bc they gave a valid attempt to let him be there and the CHILD/CHILDREN got hurt in the process. After he shattered my kids hearts repeatedly I now feel he doesnt have any rights to try to step in now after he refused to 3yrs ago! And yes I receive child support from "Him" but trully its just his grandparents paying it so he doesnt go to jail and "soil the family name".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

The same could be said about single dads who have custody.

MamatoKy
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a single mom, my ex doesnt pay child support, he gets her when its convient for him. So I shouldnt treat him like shit why? He treated me like shit the whole time we were together, its my turn now. And yes, If its not convient for me to let my dd go to his house, then she doesnt go. =)

yes he loves her, yes he wants to be involved in her life, but only when its convient for him.

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM
What if all they do is cause problems and lie all the time? What if they can't be trusted and have been arrested for drugs and or some form of abuse on themselves or to somebody else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

This lol. I'm single and I don't even know any single moms who do this. Oh well.

Quoting 1likeme:

Hahahaha. AHHH Hahahahaha! So how many single mothers do you know personally who actually do this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)