Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I realized something the other day. So many times when we give advice on this site we do so without having experienced something similar. And sometimes we negatively judge the person because we can't understand why they won't follow our advice. So after telling people who are married and their spouse cheats on them to leave them because that is what I would do; I found myself in that situation. And I realized it is not just that easy. My husband is/was having an emotional affair. Now here I am trying to win my husband back. It is not an easy feat at all but something I have chosen to do. But by doing this I know that if this doesn't work and my marriage ends I can leave it knowing I did all I could and won't leave wondering what I could have done to change things. Also anyone out there who thinks this will never happen to them beware. No matter how well you think you know someone people are constantly growing and changing. I have been married 5 years. I never, ever thought I would find myself at this point because I thought he believed like I do that marriage is for life and divorce is not an option. Don't fool yourself. Whenever you are dealing with another person you can not control them whether they be your significant other or your child. So before you tell someone else that you would never have to deal with what they are going through because your significant other or child would never act like or do something like that stop and think and realize that it could very possibly happen to you. Nothing involving another person is guarenteed.

P.S. Just out of curiosity would you be able to forgive your significant other if they had an emotional affair?

Update: I watched the movie Fireproof (Christian movie about marriage) with my husband tonight and our marriage is back on. He has chosen to break it off with this woman. So miracles do happen. Hopefully we can completely heal and move past this and it will never happen again. Just wanted to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Replies (141-142):
llaven
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm watching fireproof right now. I wish my husband would watch it with me but I asked and he wont. I even bought the book love dare. We too are trying to overcome his emotional affairs from 2 years ago, but it's not going well for us. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingJayMom
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM
yes it has happened to me and I have forgave him! And so far it has been going well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)