Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I remember once in the Army we were sitting in the barracks and I mentioned to my friend that I forgot to go to the PX to get salve for the big cut on my shoulder. Another girl overheard me and says, "Salve? Where do you think we are? Medieval England? You want a poultice, too?" Lol. The same girl also teased me for saying supper instead of dinner. :P

So what about you? Do you call it salve? Do you say supper or dinner? What are some different things you say that other people think are weird or funny?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (101-103):
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Salve is a cream or topical medication.

lilyrose842006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Hehehe
"I wish I had some nice fat taters to go in this."
"What's 'taters'? What's 'taters' eh, precious?"
"Po-ta-toes. Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew. Nice pile of golden chips with a lovely piece of fried fish. Even you couldn't say no to that."
"Oh yes we could. Spoil a nice fish. Give it to us raw and wriggling. You keep nasty chips."
"You're hopeless."

Ok, now that I've offically nerded myself. I use dinner and supper interchangably and as a pharmacy tech, I know what a salve is, but I use ointment or cream.

Quoting DutchMama2010:

We say mashed taters. But we are huge nerds and now make Lord of the rings Smeagol references....'im making mashed taters' 'what is taters precious?' 'You know, po-tay-toes! Mash em, boil em, stick em in a stew!'

Quoting Robbin74:

Well, we say people not purple...lol  We say tater chips instead of potato chips.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahfire
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I know what salve is but I would probably say ointment or neosporin. I am From Texas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)