Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sulking husband and thunderstorms on Easter Day

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay, this is not what i pictured the day to be like. Pretty upset that i have been slaving away in the kitchen making a ham, casserole, etc etc and he is sitting on the couch pouting like a little, immature person. He is mad because he wants to study for school but I asked him to please help our son find easter eggs in the back yard. What a party pooper. Please someone tell me I'm not the only one having a bad day. And on top of it, it is storming outside and we have to cancel our sunny walk to the park.

Yes I know I sound negative as all get out. I just had to vent here because I am trying to put on a happy face for everyone here.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Sorry. We are having a great day. We did a picnic at the park this morning/afternoon. Came home, cleaned up and now I'm on here and watching tv, DH is doing math homework and the kids have cleaned their rooms and are playing by themselves.

Orionsgirl
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

My hubby helped me put together baskets last night and is currently out with the boys so I can hide eggs around the house. He gets into the holiday spirit like a champ.

I hope your hubby gets out of his funk and that you have a Happy Easter.

Due9
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I wish my hubby weren't such a serious person and would just learn to enjoy this day that symbolizes so much. Oh well, I will try to keep positive for my children.

Quoting Orionsgirl:

My hubby helped me put together baskets last night and is currently out with the boys so I can hide eggs around the house. He gets into the holiday spirit like a champ.

I hope your hubby gets out of his funk and that you have a Happy Easter.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

grey7399
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

GEEZUS what a jerk.

I can barely walk, I'm in so much freaking pain, hubby is only a few weeks post surgical himself and has bad days, today is one.  We both dragged ourselves outside to watch the kids hunt eggs.

Hubby was a MIRACLE.  He was in pain all night, didn't sleep well, but he still got up and hid 10dz eggs, and made coffee for us.  

hoping4girl33
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Like it is really going to kill him to take a hour or two and enjoy Easter with the family, the books are still going to be there. If he wants to pout like a big kid ignore him and enjoy the rest of the day with the kids good luck and happy Easter enjoy :)
Neon1980
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I can see your hubby's point.  School is very important.  We got up this am and did baskets and breakfast and my hubby has been studying and writing a paper all day.  We are leaving in about 30 minutes to go to his parents for easter dinner and when we get home he will be studying some more.

countrymom0707
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I am having a terrible day, everyone in my family except me, dh and dd went to Fl because my grandfather is sick, my dh is working and I have a HORRIBLE headache, so my dd went with her friends family on two Easter egg hunts! I hate that I could not spend Easter with at least my dd, but I can barely even sit up much less deal with lots of kids on sugar highs, and I hate that dh had to work, but what I really hate is there will be no Easter dinner here but in FL where the rest of the family is, they are having a full spread! Ugh I miss my family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Isn't there time for both??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracieLullaby27
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Sorry your day is sucking!

DS woke up puking and hasn't been able to eat much so far today. I think this wicked cough he can't get rid of is triggering the pukeing. I think the cough is a side effect of his new allergy meds. 

Seems like a gal can't friggen win. Just want my boy better!

kris_81
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM
My gma is in the hospital & my hubby is at work. It could be worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)