Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have a question about pressing charges against someone. I do know laws vary by state but I am curious
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Get a ro on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting laranadtony:

Do they still have "good behavior " warrants?

what is that

It is just below a restraining order.I used to take them out on my ex.It keeps distance until an RO is in place.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

mamaraylene
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Take the letter to the police and tell them what you are telling me...tell them everything associated with this situation and let them know you want to press charges against her and her boyfriend.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting mamaraylene:

her boyfriend showed up at my house yesterday and was told to go away and leave us alone. I then came home today to a letter from her on my door. I want her to leave us alone. It has become such an issue that it is not even funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Quoting hautemama83:

Get a ro on her.

we were told until you can press charges you can't get one.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Just go to the police station, bring proof of the texts and notes on your door and file harassment charges. If there are voicemails they will make copies with a recorder. If there are threats it goes from harasment to terroristic threats. I did this to my ex. In one of the vm he said "remember the threats I said to you, well they're about to come true and if you want to press charges for terroristic threats go ahead". (Cussing scattered in there). The cop laughed and said ok you made this easy, lol.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting mamaraylene:

her boyfriend showed up at my house yesterday and was told to go away and leave us alone. I then came home today to a letter from her on my door. I want her to leave us alone. It has become such an issue that it is not even funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

You need to file for a restaining order from her and her boyfriend. 

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting mamaraylene:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

laranadtony
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting hautemama83:

Get a ro on her.

Yeah,it looks like ga is the only one with "good behavior" warrants.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

mommybug77
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Quoting laranadtony:

dang, thanks though :-)
jillian_G1
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I was a reserve officer in the town I live in. I would save all of the phone calls, voicemails, texts, letters. Then I would go to the police station and file harassment charges, then ask to file a restraining order. You will probably have to file a report of harassment from a neighbor. Explain everything and all details in police report. You can get all that done in one day.
Hope this helps!!
hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Next time they harass you call the police, and press charges for harassment. Then go get the ro.

The lady sounds psycho.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting hautemama83:

Get a ro on her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)