Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many animals do you have and what kind?

Posted by   + Show Post

My family has a mini zoo lol. 5 cats (Rufus, Lola, B.W, Tom and Maisie) 2 dogs (Floyd and Leia) 2 guinea pigs (Coffee and Lily) a turtle (Soup) and a rat (Harley). All are adopted or rescue pets.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (161-170):
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
2 dogs
3 cats
9 fish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
My dad was a good old country boy who enjoyed hunting & fishing. We went everywhere with him. He was also well educated & kind hearted. If he found an injured something or orphaned something it came home with us & he knew how & what to feed it.

I wanted to be a vet until I found out I would have to put animals to sleep just because people couldn't afford their care & that thought broke my 13 yr old heart. But I've studied everything I could, read every digest & journal my old vet would let me have. I asked a gazillion questions & he taught me tons.

But we were military & I was never allowed to keep our rescues longer than it took rehab them. I always said if I had the land I would everything I always wanted. I'm a Percheron & Clydesdale short of that goal, lol. Oh & some baby doll south down sheep.,..

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

oh man! you sure know ALOT about animals? did you grow up in the country, have you ever considered being a vet? yes, i have researched but i love hearing what people actually do and what they preffer. there are alotof options nad its nice to hear 1st hand accounts! why did you end up getting rid of the geckos?
ash522
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
7 cats (Abby, Chester, Dodgy, Willy, Baz, Otis, & Bronco), 4 dogs (Lucy, Juno, Flash, & Moki), 2 goats (Goatey & Pablo), & about 50 chickens.
lovemy3littles
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
We have a pit bull named Brutus. He's ten now, and he was our "baby" before we had our first baby. :-) We're considering getting a puppy for the kids this summer, but we'll see.
GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:00 AM
7 dogs....lola,zoey,meko.areil.fookie are all chichuahua...lilly is a cocker spaniel, chewy is a chow. Frankie the lizard,sally the turtle,monster fish the fish he is about 10 lbs,a macaw bobo and a pot belly pig mrs bubbles ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeler_s
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:00 AM
We have 2 dogs one is a mini schnauzer (Sammy) other is a blue heeler (Shadow)
2 cats (Captian & Skye)

5 chickens. ( rotisserie, sweet baby ray, Stubbs, peep & hickory)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Kayleen on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
We don't have any. My oldest son is allergic to cats and dogs, and I'm not into the rodent type pets or fish. I wouldn't mind having one cat or one dog if my son wasn't allergic, but when people have a lot of cats and dogs, it seems kinda dirty to me. Like pet hair and stuff everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM

my family has a mini farm...we have 4 ducks, and too many chickens to count, and oh yea 1 dog.

amyrw
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 cat, 2 dogs and 2 sugar gliders
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
We to have a mini zoo at our house. 3 cats frisky tiny and a stray cat named pumpkin who just gave birth to 4 tiny ki+tens. So total 7 cats then we have 1 beagle named penny who we rescued from the pound. then we have a few fish and my 2 sons each have a mouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN