Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I might quit my job...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 180 Replies
5 moms liked this

at the fast food place, becaaauuuuse I have an interview Thursday for janitorial job! Pay is more, it's a small, local business and I'd get more hours!! Of course, I'll continue working @ the YMCA Camp during the summer, but that's only a PT job. I'm also registering for 13 credits next semester!

Oh, and I've applied for Cash Assistance to get us by in the meantime if we qualify. The job at the Y doesn't provide any substantial hours until this summer. We had hopes for my SO going back to work, but that's not happening any time soon. He's actually going through steroid injections for a week and then being scheduled for surgery.

Ideally, once I get working cleaning and more hours cooking at the YMCA camp, I won't qualify for cash assistance. But I'm not quite sure what the pay is going to be for the camp yet (still haven't asked...), nor am I sure how many hours I'll receive. I'd just rather get everything in motion just in case I need help over the summer.

I know some of you will focus on the negative (cash assistance), and I do recognize it as being a very negative thing. HOWEVER, I'm doing everything within my power to change things while making the best decisions for MY FAMILY. Ultimately, that's the only thing that matters. I'm excited to finally start this new chapter in my life! Waiting for everything to begin is the hardest part... I'm impatient. I want to get this show on the road! I'm curious and excited to see where this new road is going to take me. 25 is going to be a very good year for me :)

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutebaby06
by Monica on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM
8 moms liked this

Well, don't quit one job until you know for sure. I don't know why I wrote this, it'll jsut go in one ear & out the other.

.BREE.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Quoting cutebaby06:

Well, don't quit one job until you know for sure. I don't know why I wrote this, it'll jsut go in one ear & out the other.

Huh? I'm doing absolutely everything exactly as I should be doing it. Going to school, working and saving.

And of course I'm not quiting my job until I know for sure. Hence why I said 'MIGHT'. I MIGHT quit my job if I get a new one. :)

Rose87
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Very smart to wait until you know for sure. IF you need the cash assistance, get it. That's why it is there.

Good luck with the interview and kudos to you for taking care of business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.BREE.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Thank you!! It's motivating doing things I don't hate doing. When I worked at Jimmy John's for those few months it really embarrassed me. I felt I needed to do more with my life, and now I'm finally doing it! It feels great. I'm especially excited that I'm having no issue with finding a job out here, and they're sooooo much better than all the others! Finally I'm doing something besides cashiering or making sandwiches. It's something I can take pride in and truly enjoy doing. :)

And it sounds a little better when your children tell all their friends that their mom works at the YMCA camp or cleaning than at a fast food restaurant. lol It sounds almost a little dignified.

Quoting Rose87:

Very smart to wait until you know for sure. IF you need the cash assistance, get it. That's why it is there.

Good luck with the interview and kudos to you for taking care of business.

Rose87
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I know how it feels to work a crap job, making crap money and being embarassed to tell people where you live. Smdh.. as for the PA, because you hate it, you'll work harder to get off of it asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this
*seat saved*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alanaplus3
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Congrats on the interview I hope it goes well for you.

.shank.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this
For fucks sake...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Are you sure the YMCA job actually pays? I hope it's not strictly volunteer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting .shank.:

For fucks sake...

Yeah,gotta change the sheets!Just pissed the bed!

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)