Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you name your kid what you wanted or...

Posted by   + Show Post

So this is baby #3 for me and my first girl...Well the father and I cannot seem to agree on anything...I like one name and he like another...What would you do in this situation? Just name the kid what you wanted cause you the mom or what?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (181-188):
staffordmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Just keep looking is all I can say. My dh and I didn't agree for months on a name were having a boy any day now and my dh wanted to name him Pystol, or Tuff, he wouldn't let up so I finally just picked one out myself and said ohh please tell me u like this name... Cuz I LOVE it! And he went for it!! Whew!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM
This

Quoting ..Kandy.Korn..:

Compromise...use one for the first name and one for the middle. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM

"the father" is he not in the picture?

My husband and I agreed on all the names for our kids.  We went through THOUSANDS of names and spent months deciding and eventually had a short list of potential names.  We compared the list to the baby we had in our arms and then made a decision.

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Only if I were a jerk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM
you could do what i did. i told my ex if the baby was a girl the name would be brooklyn paige and if it was a boy his name would be carter ty. he agreed. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:48 AM

We both agreed on dds name, but with ds, I saw a name I liked, TOLD dh it is the name we are giving ds and thats the end of it.  I felt very strongly for the  name Spencer and nobody was going to change my mind, ds does have dhs first name as a middle name, which is kind of what dh wanted, but Im sure he really  wanted a Jr.  I told him that will never happen, we are not having 2 people with the same first name, I refuse it.

SOCO101
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:02 AM

We didn't agree on a girl name for a long time, but when it came to boys we had several we both really liked. I compromised with her first name and chose her middle.

MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM
The little boy across the street is named prince messiah...he gets teased at school :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)