Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ive been in the hospital for 3 days now i had a really bad asthma attack and today im 37 weeks pregnant so ive been here trying to get better each day is better then the last so thats good, the only downfall is now the gyn is suggesting i dont have the c-section anymore because it might put my health in danger with all the steroids there pumping in my wound would not heal properly and if i have to go under anesthia for any reason hes worried about my asthma flaring up and things going down hill its also because my baby was diagnosed with trisomy 18 a genetic choromsome disorder they are considered  "incompatiable with life" so for him its not worth me going under the knife for  a baby that might not live for me its always worth cause its my baby, my fiancee agrees with the doctor that my health is first so we are back to doing vaginally i just pray everything works out for now our babygirl is doing good comfortable in her womb its just this asthma kicking my butt i rather it be this then having complcations with my babygirl.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

so far shes doing great 5Lbs 3ozs god has it in his hands im not worried im going to meet my little girl for how long that i dont know but whatever he gives me i will be grateful :-)

Aydans_Mommy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

yes she does a 8 year old sister and a 14 month old sister we are all waiting to meet her :-)

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

Oh you are so brave. I hope everything goes perfectly for you and you get a long heathly happy life with your sweet baby. Does she have siblings?


Quoting gbabyinc10:

it was a personal choice between me and my fiancee at first we decided to terminate but i couldnt take the "what if's" after terminating so we decided to let god do whatever he felt is best and i have no regrets so far our baby has beaten a lot of the odds that was against her, besides the VSD in her heart which i minor she has no other problems brain in fully intacted facial fatures in place everything is normal so for me thats a blessing right there now this doesnt mean she will live but at least i gave her a fair chance.  i hope i answered your question :-)



starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I wish I could hug you :) miracles happen mama...she could be perfect :)

Quoting gbabyinc10:

it was a personal choice between me and my fiancee at first we decided to terminate but i couldnt take the "what if's" after terminating so we decided to let god do whatever he felt is best and i have no regrets so far our baby has beaten a lot of the odds that was against her, besides the VSD in her heart which i minor she has no other problems brain in fully intacted facial fatures in place everything is normal so for me thats a blessing right there now this doesnt mean she will live but at least i gave her a fair chance.  i hope i answered your question :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

thank you so much we are praying too.

Quoting starreyedcutie:

I wish I could hug you :) miracles happen mama...she could be perfect :)

Quoting gbabyinc10:

it was a personal choice between me and my fiancee at first we decided to terminate but i couldnt take the "what if's" after terminating so we decided to let god do whatever he felt is best and i have no regrets so far our baby has beaten a lot of the odds that was against her, besides the VSD in her heart which i minor she has no other problems brain in fully intacted facial fatures in place everything is normal so for me thats a blessing right there now this doesnt mean she will live but at least i gave her a fair chance.  i hope i answered your question :-)


atyou
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you for answering my question with such grace.

Best wishes to you!


Quoting gbabyinc10:

it was a personal choice between me and my fiancee at first we decided to terminate but i couldnt take the "what if's" after terminating so we decided to let god do whatever he felt is best and i have no regrets so far our baby has beaten a lot of the odds that was against her, besides the VSD in her heart which i minor she has no other problems brain in fully intacted facial fatures in place everything is normal so for me thats a blessing right there now this doesnt mean she will live but at least i gave her a fair chance.  i hope i answered your question :-)


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taynhannahsmom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Lots of prayers to you and your baby girl :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I been blogging about this experience if you  ladies would like you can check it out its www.footprintsofhannah.blogspot.com 

gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM

the echocardiologist who's been seeing our baby says shes safe to have a vaginal delivery since she doesnt have any cardiac problems besides the VSD(ventricle septal defect) which would be taken care of once she is stable enough for surgery so i believe she will be fine i was just using the c-section to guarentee she will be fine, i agree with you about the doctor thats why i looked at the picture and let my fiancee and me decide

Quoting epoh:

Yes, it is safe to have a vaginal birth with trisomy 18.

Quoting bellawomen:

Bless your heart! Such a rough situation. I have to say thought as a doula, I worry that your doctor is putting zero value on your daughter's life :( Vaginal births are safer and more beneficial for mom and baby...under normal circustances. I don't know enough about your daughter's condition, but is she safe for vaginal birth?


gbabyinc10
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM


Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Is her trisomy a full or partial?
its full trisomy 18
Quoting gbabyinc10:

it was a personal choice between me and my fiancee at first we decided to terminate but i couldnt take the "what if's" after terminating so we decided to let god do whatever he felt is best and i have no regrets so far our baby has beaten a lot of the odds that was against her, besides the VSD in her heart which i minor she has no other problems brain in fully intacted facial fatures in place everything is normal so for me thats a blessing right there now this doesnt mean she will live but at least i gave her a fair chance.  i hope i answered your question :-)


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)