Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Was this really *that* bad??

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 58 Replies

I was at DS's (6) craft club at the library today. My four yo is playing on one of the two computers and I see my two year old son watching the little boy playing on the other one. I am sitting about 20ft away on the couches. I see DS#3 (2yo) and another boy, 6 or 7yo, leap for the computer at the same time when the other boy got off and then I hear "Owww! Whaaa." The six yo is fake screaming crying so I rush over there and my two year old is hiding on a book shelf. This little boys dad, at least twice my size and looking very much like a biker guy, gets right next to me going, "He punched him. Look! His lip is bleeding. He hit my son. You're a bad boy!" I look at the other little boy, give him a sympathetic, "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie," and grab my son. The dad proceeds with his rant, "You better be thankful his Mom's not here." And then he says to his son, "Next time, you punch him." I was literally floored, completely flabbergasted. My son is TWO and your son is AT LEAST 6 or 7. I walked back to my little group holding my son and completely shocked at what just happened. 

Now, I have three boys and we have our share of bloody lips. This little boy's lip was not split open gushing blood, but it was bleeding. My 2yo did not do this maliciously. If it had of been reversed I would of walked over, waiting for the "sorry" and left it at that. I just don't get worked up over these things. They're kids and it wasn't malicious. But this guy was totally on me instantly. I think he overreacted, but what should have been done??

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2beautiesnb
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That does suck. . . But my honest question is . . . What exactly does a biker guy look like to you? Not trying to be rude, but my dh comes from a family of bikers and they prove you can't judge a book my it's cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Personally, I'd have gone all bat-shit crazy on him the second he said "you're a bad boy" to my kid, but that's just me.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I'm sorry hun, but if another kid had punched one of my girls, I would have been furious, even if they were only 2.  You can tell if it's out of play or anger.  I wouldn't stand for the anger.  I would have expected the child who hit mine to apologize.

SapphireMomma
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I think he was overracting. However, I would still apologize to the kid and his dad because regardless of how small of an incident it was, his kid was still bleeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Nobody would like my response to this.

But no, it wasn't that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

But he didn't punch him. I *saw* them knock into each other but I admit I was about 20ft away. And this guy was certainly not going to give my two year old a chance to apologize (as my son would have had to be prompted) but I did apologize. 

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I'm sorry hun, but if another kid had punched one of my girls, I would have been furious, even if they were only 2.  You can tell if it's out of play or anger.  I wouldn't stand for the anger.  I would have expected the child who hit mine to apologize.

nicsmama09
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Aw poor two yr old. Big kid was probsbly not watching and they into probably ran into each other. Imo dad was wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

That does suck. . . But my honest question is . . . What exactly does a biker guy look like to you? Not trying to be rude, but my dh comes from a family of bikers and they prove you can't judge a book my it's cover.

Like the guys on Gangland. I'm def not getting into a discussion on stereotyping. He was twice my size, had on a black t-shirt, jeans, black boots, and a ponytail. You are absolutely right, I do not know if he was actually a biker, but I suspect most everyone in here will conjure up the same image. 

tennisgal
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

???

Quoting Litlmama87:

Nobody would like my response to this.

But no, it wasn't that bad.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting SapphireMomma:

I think he was overracting. However, I would still apologize to the kid and his dad because regardless of how small of an incident it was, his kid was still bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN