Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms from Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse NY ....*edited, new question.**

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 79 Replies

What are these areas like ?? I know FRIGGEN cold and snowy in the winter, thats about all i know. I used to live in Rome NY. I was upset to find out this is probably where we are moving to. Well DH said we would live more then likely Rochester , he would work in all 3 cities. So plse, tell me good things about these places. I want to try to get a better picture and try to see the positives in moving back up north. Sort of hard when you had Florida on your mind and all that ....... So plse tell me good places to go, things to see !!!! 

**edit** 

Ok anyone know any good suburbs, of Rochester ?? 

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

BUMP!

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

BUMP!

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
So no one lives in these areas? ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I grew up there, well until I was 8 and the moved up the west coast.

Most of my family lives in Sauquiot and some in Rome.

Housing is cheap! There seems to be good and bad areas but not much opportunities there and that hasn't really changed since I was a kid. It's totally cold in the winters!

Can you guys take a trip out there to check it out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkanfgrl
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My BFF lives just outside of Syracuse. He loves it. There's an awesome BBQ place, the Dinosaur and there is one in Rochester. There are other areas that you drive to for day trips or weekend getaways like Skaneatlas (sp?) and other pretty places. Yes, it'll be cold and snowy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Possibly. Dh has to go the first of may to meet the team he would be working with. So job is already secured. I know it gets cold I lived in Rome as well for several years. I think that's the part that is bugging me the most, is the winters.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Housing is cheap! There seems to be good and bad areas but not much opportunities there and that hasn't really changed since I was a kid. It's totally cold in the winters!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I'm originally from Grand Island (between Buffalo and Niagara falls) but we are military so in NC at the moment ;P

What type of places are you interested in?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Hmmm always good to know where to get good BBQ! ! Thanks.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

My BFF lives just outside of Syracuse. He loves it. There's an awesome BBQ place, the Dinosaur and there is one in Rochester. There are other areas that you drive to for day trips or weekend getaways like Skaneatlas (sp?) and other pretty places. Yes, it'll be cold and snowy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I know. What would bother me is the long winters they could have.

Sucks Florida didn't work out. That's a bummer. It's vastly different than upstate NY.

Quoting Aamy:

Possibly. Dh has to go the first of may to meet the team he would be working with. So job is already secured. I know it gets cold I lived in Rome as well for several years. I think that's the part that is bugging me the most, is the winters.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)