Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my son will be 2 on the 22nd and I will not buy more diapers. Update, day one and day two.

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

My goal is to have my boy completely potty trained by his second birthday. He knows where his potty is and the seat for the big potty, he will go on the potty when he needs to and if I make him go with me, the only problem is he can't verbalize when he has to go potty because he doesn't really talk yet. He has some accidents throughout the day but can also stay dry most of the day as long as I stay on him. I also don't remember the last time I bought him a box of diapers, its been awhile. He has a few pairs of underwear, and I will buy him more to keep with him. He is such a pain in the butt, but he will be potty trained in the next 10th days. Once he is in underwear I will refuse to put him back in diapers.

UPDATE: Day 1, if any of you read yesterdays post, my son did good. He had three accidents, but one of those he went poo a little bit in his undies but finished on the potty.

So today was day 2, he did awesome today. We had no accidents in his undies today, he woke up dry but took off a wet diaper because I took too long to get out of bed, and he kept dry undies on all day. I am one proud mommy today. Also one time he went potty on the potty by himself, I didn't notice until I saw he came up to me showing off his privates and I found his underwear infront of his potty, and another time he let me know he had to go. My boy is learning how his body works and doing awesome. I have one week tomorrow until my boy turns 2, so we shall see how my plans work out.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
12 moms liked this
Since he can't verbalize it, can you teach him the sign for "bathroom?"

Don't be surprised if this backfires. It sounds like you want it more than he does and that rarely works with potty training. Good luck though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
3 moms liked this
It doesn't sound like he is ready yet. But good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this
You will at least need something for nighttime unless you want to change the sheets every night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjones2207
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

teach him the sign for potty. Remenber 2yos will still have accidents

ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Good Luck... dont be frustrated if it doens't happen. potty training can have a lot of set backs. Kids will be into for awhile and the not. I hope this works out :). Good Luck!

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah, not gonna happen. he'll go when he's ready. this is one thing that should not be forced

SevysMomma
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Neither you OR him can control what happens when he sleeps, so I recommend keeping a couple huggies around...

Quoting Elayna90:

You will at least need something for nighttime unless you want to change the sheets every night

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Hmmm. Good luck because you're going to need it :/
countrygrl55
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
4 moms liked this

This must be your first............  Good luck with that.  

elle7777
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Good luck. I wouldn't say never though. I didn't want to stress myself out potty training so I started right at 2 my two oldest were day trained in a few weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)