Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my son will be 2 on the 22nd and I will not buy more diapers. Update, day one and day two.

Posted by   + Show Post

My goal is to have my boy completely potty trained by his second birthday. He knows where his potty is and the seat for the big potty, he will go on the potty when he needs to and if I make him go with me, the only problem is he can't verbalize when he has to go potty because he doesn't really talk yet. He has some accidents throughout the day but can also stay dry most of the day as long as I stay on him. I also don't remember the last time I bought him a box of diapers, its been awhile. He has a few pairs of underwear, and I will buy him more to keep with him. He is such a pain in the butt, but he will be potty trained in the next 10th days. Once he is in underwear I will refuse to put him back in diapers.

UPDATE: Day 1, if any of you read yesterdays post, my son did good. He had three accidents, but one of those he went poo a little bit in his undies but finished on the potty.

So today was day 2, he did awesome today. We had no accidents in his undies today, he woke up dry but took off a wet diaper because I took too long to get out of bed, and he kept dry undies on all day. I am one proud mommy today. Also one time he went potty on the potty by himself, I didn't notice until I saw he came up to me showing off his privates and I found his underwear infront of his potty, and another time he let me know he had to go. My boy is learning how his body works and doing awesome. I have one week tomorrow until my boy turns 2, so we shall see how my plans work out.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
capfelbeck
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Mines 2 1/2 and still isn't potty trained! Hes not readu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Good luck with that. If that doesnt work you can do regular underwear by day and training underwear by night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_l
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Just remember potty training has life long effects so don't be set on one way. Roll with it and be prepared for change and possible disappointment. Good luck!!
alwayskk
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't understand why people put a number on potty training. It's not like the kid is going to want to shit his pants in high school.

Pnukey
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Good luck with that.

rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
That's possible, he understands a lot, just doesn't speak yet. He also won't keep diapers on, he will take them off as soon as he goes number 1 or 2. There was a few times he started to go number one and stopped himself and finished in the potty. He loves to sit on his potty and will cry if I make him sit on the potty when he doesn't have to go. He can play outside for an hour or two and not potty but go potty in his potty as soon as we come in. I feel he is ready and just being lazy, he is stubborn.

Quoting epoh:

Since he can't verbalize it, can you teach him the sign for "bathroom?"

Don't be surprised if this backfires. It sounds like you want it more than he does and that rarely works with potty training. Good luck though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboygal
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Good luck. You may be able to teach him hoe to sign bathroom. I taught my son sign language for basic things because he was not verbal. But kids will have accidents that young and if he does not want to do it, he won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embersparkle
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Ummmm yeah....good luck with that. Poor little guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
He might be ready then. Use lots of stickers. You might want to keep some diapers on hand for nighttime.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

That's possible, he understands a lot, just doesn't speak yet. He also won't keep diapers on, he will take them off as soon as he goes number 1 or 2. There was a few times he started to go number one and stopped himself and finished in the potty. He loves to sit on his potty and will cry if I make him sit on the potty when he doesn't have to go. He can play outside for an hour or two and not potty but go potty in his potty as soon as we come in. I feel he is ready and just being lazy, he is stubborn.

Quoting epoh:

Since he can't verbalize it, can you teach him the sign for "bathroom?"

Don't be surprised if this backfires. It sounds like you want it more than he does and that rarely works with potty training. Good luck though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Doesn't seem like he's ready. If he's acting stubborn or lazy about it, its because he's simply not ready for it. But good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN