Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mrs Manager...I think you overreacted just a little!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this

I got to work today (Grocery store) and it was a co-workers birthday, so I went to the bakery and got a giant cupcake and then went to floral and blew up a mylar balloon and 2 latex balloons. 

I then went to the Pharmacy to pay for them because the checkout lines were super long and the only short one was Express but the co-worker that the gift was for was on express 

I take them to him and tell him Happy birthday.. He was embarrassed but happy.... 

So about an hour later my manager comes to my register turns off my light and says "I NEED TO TALK TO YOU IN THE OFFICE ......NOW" 

I go in the office and the grocery manager was there. My manager is all..."I NEED TO SEE THE RECEIPT FOR THE STUFF YOU GAVE TO RYAN" 

I pulled it out of my apron and handed it to her, then she looks at it like she was inspecting every letter and then says okay but I have to give it to Ryan or he can't leave the store with the stuff... If he does it will be considered stealing!!! 

No problem, I hand it to him (It was a gift so I never thought to give him the receipt) 

Later the Grocery manager tells me, she asked EVERY cashier in the store if I had gone through their line to pay, Yelled at Ryan about the receipt and then DEMANDED that the other manager be there when she asked for the receipt because she KNEW that I didn't pay for it....WOW!!! 

couldn't you have just asked me for the receipt instead of causing drama like that???

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow! What an over-reaction! Way to take the joy out of gift-giving, lady. Sheesh. Sorry that happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Wow yea a little over the top id say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Um someone had a bad night.  Sorry you went through all that.

saraface5383
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
wow over react much?

so lame. it was a nice thing you did, sorry your manager sucks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
24 moms liked this

No cupcake or balloons for your manager on her birthday. Cross that bitch off the list. Lol. 

She sounds a bit jelly.

bloomsr
Sounds like she has a crush on Ryan- and a little too much free time on her hands, lol.
Mrs.Worthen

wow, what a crazy lady..

keeler_s
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Yikes! I may have smacked her and lost my job. What a bitch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Serious over reaction on her part.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have lost my job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)