Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"Toddlers & Tiaras" Mom Burns Daughter's Eyes

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/toddlers-tiaras-mom-burns-eyes-dye-eyelashes-video_n_1419848.html?ref=tv

Most adult women don't dye their eyelashes, but one mom did just that to her young pageant daughter on "Toddlers & Tiaras" (Wed, 10 p.m. ET on TLC). It was all for the Southern Celebrity Fairy Tale Winter Pageant. Even though 9-year-old Alaska tried to get her mom to stop because her eyes were burning, her mom seemed to fall back onto the old adage "no pain, no gain."

Alaska was more than confident enough going into the pageant, declaring that she had no real competition. "It's okay to know you're like the bomb diggity," she said.

If the eyelash dyeing incident wasn't enough to draw the attention of people decrying the show, there's always the pageant organizer who said you have to be cute to win a pageant, but if you're not you can pile on hair and makeup to make yourself as cute.

DISCUSS.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3LittleMonstrs
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish they would just shut that pageant down. The only ones that should be allowed for children under 14 should be all natural. No hair dying, no makeup, no wigs (unless cancer), no waxes on a poor child....

angeldessee
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I hate that show enough!!! I hate the moms enough!!! Geesh!!
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnoBuny
by Heather on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I think I remember that girl and family. Isnt she the one with the brother that they claim is way cuter than the daughter? They give him all the attention and accolades? The daughter (Alaska) says that she is not as cute as her brother because that is what the parents say? or is this a different child?

lovemystinky
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
-Honey Boo Boo Child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hate that show. Is Alaska the one who has the little brother with dark hair and beautiful eyes?

lilydoyle
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

All I have to say is: Those poor children.

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

We are thinking the same thing. The little brother who is mixed race (mothers words not mine) and who yes is a pretty little boy but those parents all but tell their kid she is bum freakin ugly compared to her brother.

Quoting SnoBuny:

I think I remember that girl and family. Isnt she the one with the brother that they claim is way cuter than the daughter? They give him all the attention and accolades? The daughter (Alaska) says that she is not as cute as her brother because that is what the parents say? or is this a different child?

Dollyrot
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM

That could fucking BLIND her daughter! Is she that freaking STUPID?

No pain, no gain? What's the point of being pretty if you can't fucking SEE yourself?

Sorry for the harsh words, but damn, what an idiot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)