Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just because he isn't your kid

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:58 AM
  • 164 Replies

you let my son sit up all night CRYING for me and you wouldn't bring him home?!!

Mommas, I am pissed! My youngest has his "Bestest" (Bryce made up this word...) friend living 3 houses away from ours. Ethan's mom came by to tell us they will be moving next week and that Ethan wanted to spend at least one last night with Bryce during Spring Break.

We agreed to let Bryce go. He is really going to miss Ethan. Everything was fine last night. Or so we thought. Bryce came back home at around 8/9 a.m. and asked me to make him some "bread eggs" (eggs in a window...his favorite).

I make breakfast for my family and the next thing I know Bryce takes off running to the bathroom. He puked for half an hour! I asked him if his belly hurt,he said no. I asked if his head hurt;he said no...etc.

When he finally stopped he laid down on my bed and went right to sleep exhausted.  I called Ethan's house,told them that Bryce was sick asked what they had for dinner last night...Ethan's mom said she hadn't noticed anything wrong with him the night before...

Turns out,the "I didn't notice anything wrong with him" is a STRAIGHT OUT LIE. Apparently, Ethan forgot he promised his mom he wouldn't tell me that Bryce had gotten up to throw up last night. And she refused to walk him the 20 feet it takes to get to my house!! She told him to stop whining and go to sleep; he could go home tomorrow! He was sick...he wanted his mom. According to Ethan Bryce cried all night long because his tummy hurt.

I probably shouldn't have done it but I marched over to her house and called her every name I could think of. WTH?!! Stop whining and go to sleep?!! He is 8...who does this to an 8 yr old? Especially with my house being a couple of feet from hers.

Do you think I would get into too much trouble if I killed her?!! (j/k..sort of)frustrated

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stockuponlove
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. I would have had to hold back from punching her in the mouth and telling her to sto whining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg. Poor baby. I would be livid. What did she say when you confronted her?
My 9y/o has never slept the night away and has only had 2 people stay over before. I'm not a big fan for sleepovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM

She should have called you.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I once nannied for a family that had an eight year old who threw up quite frequently. The first time he did it, I was appalled when his mother refused to come out of her room and said, "He's doing it for attention.". "Well, if that's what the poor kid has to do for attention around here, then I'm going to bloody well give him attention." I said. 

I can't imagine people ignoring a sick child. That's horrid.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM

She should have done something...other than "stop whining and go to sleep".

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

SerpentsKiss
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Yeah, she was so wrong to say that. My thought would have been to call you, alert you of the situation, and ask you what you want to do about it.

Quoting brandyblx:

She should have done something...other than "stop whining and go to sleep".

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Mrs.Worthen
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM

omg i would be so f-ing pissed.

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM
I would have been very upset.
My mil kept my kids for a sleep over once and my son who was 4 threw up and had a fever. She told me the next day and I was bothered. I asked why she didn't at least call me and she said she could handle a sick kid!
Well I am sure that is true but he is my sick kid and I would have wanted the choice!
I cant imagine how I would feel if he was left to be in pain:(((( hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Wow don't think I would let me kid spend the night there again. Anytime dd has a friend spend the night and wants her mom or to go home we make that happen. I remember beig little and I had a fried spend te night who freaked out( we were like 7). My mom drive her
Home which was across town( like 30 min) at 1
In the morning and was glad too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandaRoulette
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thats just sick! bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)