Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ccokc - Child Celebrities Opposing Kirk Cameron

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxCWUegUPMs

This had me peeing myself.

sidesplittinglaughter

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
CaptainFeast
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Fine, hate speech, then.

Quoting mandylin3:

A hate crime is generally descibed as involving threats, harassment or physical harm based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation and so on.  An opinion is not a hate crime.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

If you attack someone for race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability it's defined as a hate crime.

Quoting mandylin3:

I think this is ignorant, really.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Fortunately, we live in a free country where we have freedoms.  Kirk Cameron is not the only person who opposes gay rights and it's a bit unfair to single him out.  Just saying.

mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM
She acknowledged that he spoke against homosexuals, her question is what else has he done.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

He attacked homosexuals, calling them names and saying that they were bad. He deserves whatever comes to him for that.

Quoting mandylin3:

Like what?  The video was bashing him for opposing gay rights.  What else did he do?

Quoting Mackenzie40:

He did more then say he opposed gay rights. And you're correct EVERYONE is entitled to share their opinion .

Quoting mandylin3:

I think this is ignorant, really.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Fortunately, we live in a free country where we have freedoms.  Kirk Cameron is not the only person who opposes gay rights and it's a bit unfair to single him out.  Just saying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Like he's being attacked for his religious beliefs?

Quoting CaptainFeast:

If you attack someone for race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability it's defined as a hate crime.

Quoting mandylin3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandylin3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, people can respond to an opinion.  I think what he meant, though, when he said "detremental to society" was the fact that homosexuals cannot reproduce.  He was saying not procreating could be detrimental to society.  That is all.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

He said homosexuals are destructive , detremental to society , ... wonder how that felt to all the homosexuals that got called destructive by kurt? He put his opinion out there so , of course, its reasonable for people to respond to it.
Quoting mandylin3:

Like what?  The video was bashing him for opposing gay rights.  What else did he do?

Quoting Mackenzie40:

He did more then say he opposed gay rights. And you're correct EVERYONE is entitled to share their opinion .

Quoting mandylin3:

mandylin3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I don't hate speech.  I am obviously voicing my own opinion, too.  Name calling, on the other hand, I  do oppose.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

Fine, hate speech, then.

Quoting mandylin3:

A hate crime is generally descibed as involving threats, harassment or physical harm based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation and so on.  An opinion is not a hate crime.

Quoting CaptainFeast:

Quoting mandylin3:

CaptainFeast
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM

He isn't being attacked for his religious beliefs, he's being attacked for being a jackass.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Like he's being attacked for his religious beliefs?

Quoting CaptainFeast:

Quoting mandylin3:

lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Love it!! :D

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

O

M

F

G

BEST VIDEO EVERRRRRRRRRRRR

KitschyGirl
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Spectacular.

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats simply what you think he meant and its a nice way of looking at what he said.
he made his comments on TV so he is going to have people responding to those comments. This wasnt a conversation he had with a friend over dinner.
how about if i said , being of a Christian belief system is detrimental to our society ...and i said it on television? I would expect to have some people speak up. If he doesnt want to hear from people who disagree and even find what he says repugnent then he needs to not make public statements.

Quoting mandylin3:

Yes, people can respond to an opinion.  I think what he meant, though, when he said "detremental to society" was the fact that homosexuals cannot reproduce.  He was saying not procreating could be detrimental to society.  That is all.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

He said homosexuals are destructive , detremental to society , ... wonder how that felt to all the homosexuals that got called destructive by kurt? He put his opinion out there so , of course, its reasonable for people to respond to it.
Quoting mandylin3:

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Quoting mandylin3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)