Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

She's giving them COOKIES...at BEDTIME!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Good freaking grief. My mom is in town and she chooses BEDTIME to make chocolate chip cookies. It's 9:30 and the girls are upstairs in the media room watching a movie and I've witnessed my min sneak them a cookie up there TWICE! Hello?! Shouldn't mom be freaking consulted??

Nope. She shouldn't be consulted. And I wouldn't have it ANY other way. These special little treats and secrets with Grammy are teeny tiny little memories scattered here and there that my babies will hold close to their hearts. My mom is breaking my strict rules left and right (cookies at bedtime?! Cookies after teeth have been brushed??!!!! Food upstairs?! No, no and HECK no!). And I am so happy she is.

You go, Grammy Jo. I want my kids to have those warm memories of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! I've done it with the girls, too (Boy is still too young).

The other day they asked for ice cream at the grocery store. I almost always say no, but this time was a big,fat yes. Man...that was cause for a round of high fives, two fist pumps and a resounding "mom is AWESOME!!" right there in the produce aisle. I live for those moments...lol

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Loli sneak my own kids snacks! Bad mommy i know. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ha.skrllx
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
This is too cute!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMaeBell
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Better than sweet tea, if you ask me lol j/k

No really, I think it's awesome.  Even tho it's against rules, it like you said, these are memories that ur children will always remember!  A little treat from grammy every now and then won't hurt no body!  Besides that's what Grandmothers are for!!

seraphimsong
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Cute :)

This post makes me miss my grandma :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I was going to take a bath but this post has trapped me!I must break free!

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Awesome. Great post :)

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Ya, when Grandma is around I tell my DS "Mom's rules don't apply to Grandma."  But, I also tell Grandma "You get to deal with him at night when he won't sleep!"  or "When that sore stomache hits, you're on DS duty!"

That approach has worked wonders.  She only "spoils" him when she's willing to deal with the consequences.  I'm lucky that she lives farther away, so when she comes to see the boys she stays at our house and can't "spoil and run!"

marinewife55
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Aww more people should have this attitude...I see so many posts on here complaining about their parents and they way they are when they watch their kids and I just wish mine didn't live on the other coast so they could see their only grandbaby whenever they wanted ya kno
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind either :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Oh yay I'm so glad you weren't serious lol!
Hope they are having a great time! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN